Management Thread: There Is No Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Continue

Mod Warning:

Disagreement and debate is healthy and encouraged. Personal attacks, however, are not tolerated per the Site Rules on Flaming (and Trolling). Personal attacks, including blanket statements for a whole group of people (eg - Benning supporters are morons, Benning haters are idiots) are not permitted.

If you see a post that you feel violates the Site Rules, use the Report Post feature to alert the Moderators. Do not respond to it. If you have questions about what is or isn’t suitable, please PM a moderator to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
There is a new buzz....can you imagine the buzz kill if they announce Wednesday Benning is coming back as GM?

I suspect if they did that the blow back would be significant and they’d change their minds by Tuesday.

Reactions: timw33

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
There is a new buzz....can you imagine the buzz kill if they announce Wednesday Benning is coming back as GM?

New 5 year deal with a new coach that has no NHL experience. I would laugh out loud. A lot of folks here acting like kids the night before Christmas. Hopefully FAQ doesn't give us lumps of coal...

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
New 5 year deal with a new coach that has no NHL experience. I would laugh out loud. A lot of folks here acting like kids the night before Christmas. Hopefully FAQ doesn't give us lumps of coal...

I think FAQ will be demoted to an elf position and Roberto takes over the role of Santa Clause.

Reactions: Peter10

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I suspect if they did that the blow back would be significant and they’d change their minds by Tuesday.

Its in so much media now I don't see how they can sell this city on Benning return. Plus tje Aquilinis must be humbled being grouped into the most dysfunctional franchises now

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The tenure of the most incompetent regime in North American professional team sports looks like it's coming to an end. What we as fans have had to endure not only as an on ice product but an almost cult like support for a GM who was a complete and utter failure was absolutely outrageous.

There's light at the end of the tunnel boys, signed Benning hater since 15.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
The tenure of the most incompetent regime in North American professional team sports looks like it's coming to an end. What we as fans have had to endure not only as an on ice product but an almost cult like support for a GM who was a complete and utter failure was absolutely outrageous.

There's light at the end of the tunnel boys, signed Benning hater since 15.

Yessir. When Benning gets fired, it's going to be one of the best days of my life - not even joking. Been waiting for this moment a long, long time.

When he traded Bonino for Sutter, a cheaper and younger player, and then turned around and called him a foundational player, followed by a 5 year extension, I knew that this guy was not the right guy leading the charge.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Yessir. When Benning gets fired, it's going to be one of the best days of my life - not even joking. Been waiting for this moment a long, long time.

When he traded Bonino for Sutter, a cheaper and younger player, and then turned around and called him a foundational player, followed by a 5 year extension, I knew that this guy was not the right guy leading the charge.
July 1st 2015 is the day I turned from an optimistic 17 year old that supported everything the Canucks ever did to realizing we had a guy with an IQ under 80 as our GM. He followed that up with one of the worst summers in the history of the sport in 2016 and has had the 3rd worst point % in the league yet people still support him. It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen, only thing comparable is Trump supporters down south.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
July 1st 2015 is the day I turned from an optimistic 17 year old that supported everything the Canucks ever did to realizing we had a guy with an IQ under 80 as our GM. He followed that up with one of the worst summers in the history of the sport in 2016 and has had the 3rd worst point % in the league yet people still support him. It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen, only thing comparable is Trump supporters down south.

Honestly, I don't want to bring politics into it, but their is a common denominator.

These people that support JB and DT are just double, triple downing on everything that's been going on. They're so deep into their own shtick that it's too late for them to back down.

Very rare you see one of the JB shills come out publicly and say they were wrong.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

He's the worst GM this franchise has ever had and it's not even close. What an absolute disaster these 7 years have been.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I cannot wait for this to happen.

CDC and Reddit is unbearable when it comes to the Benning shilling that's going on.
There is no Benning shilling taking place on Reddit, nor has any really taken place there in years. Here are the top couple of threads related to Benning and the most upvoted comment in each:

"Came across this, and hard to see much to disagree with. Benning seems like a guy with a good heart who just wasn’t cut out for the job. This franchise has lost people like Linden/Brackett/Gilman and not really brought improvements/replacements in for them. This team has just as much work to do off the ice as it does on the ice if they want to contend."

"Probably because after 7 years our GM is still making the same mistakes and refusing to learn from them. He's made some good draft picks but people act like he's the only guy who has ever done that. He is not. I will always support the Canucks but I'm done with Benning."

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
How do we feel about Gorton as an option? I'm definitely all about Gillis for where we're at, but I'm open to other choices

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
There is no Benning shilling taking place on Reddit, nor has any really taken place there in years. Here are the top couple of threads related to Benning and the most upvoted comment in each:

This is just flat-out wrong. As early as this most recent offseason people were bragging about the roster Benning had assembled. I got downvoted into oblivion and criticized because I thought this team would miss the playoffs due to cap mismanagement.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This would be massive but seems very similar to when the eye doctor said he saw Erik Karlsosn in Vancouver.
Taj has his connections so hopefully this is for real, he doesnt make shit up but has his opinions thats for sure!

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

"Came across this, and hard to see much to disagree with. Benning seems like a guy with a good heart who just wasn’t cut out for the job. This franchise has lost people like Linden/Brackett/Gilman and not really brought improvements/replacements in for them. This team has just as much work to do off the ice as it does on the ice if they want to contend."

"Probably because after 7 years our GM is still making the same mistakes and refusing to learn from them. He's made some good draft picks but people act like he's the only guy who has ever done that. He is not. I will always support the Canucks but I'm done with Benning."

Were you on Reddit after the Canucks took Vegas to 7 games?

I was. I was downvoted a lot too. Any JB criticism was met with an army of shills.

Even now, a lot of people have been blaming the schedule, covid outbreak, flat cap, etc.

It's only now that a lot of people have finally decided to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad