Management Thread | Inconceivable Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
i think for shiro and grabner, it was basically understood that there's a top six wing job up for grabs. if you can steal raymond's job, it's yours. but you're not going to get the spot that hansen ended up getting.

with shiro, that made sense. i feel like AV made a miscalculation on grabner though, and he probably was groomed wrong given where our team was in the late 2000s. with his speed and decent size he could have been a great fourth liner on the 2011 team instead of as a top six or bust scorer.

Agreed. I always thought Grabner could've been a good fit on the 4th line at the very least with his great speed and decent skill, and definitely more so than the likes of Tanner Glass. Turned out to be a useful PK'er too which would've further reduced the load on guys like Kesler/Burrows.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Just fired Benning already before I lose all hopes, please just fire him. Let 2021 finally be a good year for this team. I have been a Canucks fan since 1999, never have I feel so hopeless.

It's like Micheal scott is running the team, and not even the early season Micheal Scott funny.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
i think for shiro and grabner, it was basically understood that there's a top six wing job up for grabs. if you can steal raymond's job, it's yours. but you're not going to get the spot that hansen ended up getting.

with shiro, that made sense. i feel like AV made a miscalculation on grabner though, and he probably was groomed wrong given where our team was in the late 2000s. with his speed and decent size he could have been a great fourth liner on the 2011 team instead of as a top six or bust scorer.
Grabner seemed to have work ethic issues. That's one thing I don't think AV will overlook. Guy couldn't even beat out Darcy Hordichuk for a roster spot on the Panthers (yes, I know different roles, but even as an enforcer, Hordichuk was way past his prime in even that limited function). Took a couple roster cuts for Grabner to realize that you can't just coast on talent alone in the NHL.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss

Generally Grabner is/was a underrated player.
When the system fits than he can Score a lot, 2011 (34 G), 2013(short season was on a pace for 30G in 82 Games), 2017 and 2018 (25 and 27 G) with the Rangers, 2 2018 with the Devils.
2017 he lead the teams in Play Off Goals.
And than the Olympics with all NHL Superstars, Ovechkin, Crosby,Kovalchuk .....
He lead the Tournament in Goals tied with Kessel (5G) and he played jzst with Austria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad