Management Thread II - Read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I am totally on board in saying that it is possible the team has social media guys who are going around the internet and even promoting pro management and pro ownership arguments.

It's just not the biggest troll on hfboards.

There was a time when Melvin thought I was Francesco Aquilini. I am not sure if he still thinks that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Better check under your bed before going to sleep tonight.

The problem is it's dead simple to do. Doesn't take much to find online places where people gather and opinions are formed and have an employee shill for the boss/company, or it doesn't even have to be an official effort just an employee or family member doing it on there own. We have examples of several owners in NA sports doing this on twitter, and I believe years ago when 2K used to still make hockey games some EA employees were busted doing it on HFBoards.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The fact that people are taking issue and arguing over fake accounts says enough to me. If I were a Benning supporter, and people mentioned these fake accounts, why would I care if they exist or not? Like what stake is there to argue this point?

It is speculation, but we have seen a new age of misinformation, trolls, bots, etc. that makes it entirely possible and believable. I remember reading that EA was creating fake accounts to boost their user review scores on games. Companies do this, and it’s only becoming more prominent as time goes by. To flat out deny it just gives it more credibility.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The fact that people are taking issue and arguing over fake accounts says enough to me. If I were a Benning supporter, and people mentioned these fake accounts, why would I care if they exist or not? Like what stake is there to argue this point?

It is speculation, but we have seen a new age of misinformation, trolls, bots, etc. that makes it entirely possible and believable. I remember reading that EA was creating fake accounts to boost their user review scores on games. Companies do this, and it’s only becoming more prominent as time goes by. To flat out deny it just gives it more credibility.

Well I don't think denying something gives it more credibility. It comes down to believability. Personally, I think it's easy to believe that fake reviews exist or politicians employing people to spread misinformation about a political opponent or companies employing people to hit message boards to spread testimonials about a product. That happens all the time. I can also believe that an organization would plant someone in the audience to ask softball questions. But to sign up for this message board? Ya I'm not so sure about that.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well I don't think denying something gives it more credibility. It comes down to believability. Personally, I think it's easy to believe that fake reviews exist or politicians employing people to spread misinformation about a political opponent or companies employing people to hit message boards to spread testimonials about a product. That happens all the time. I can also believe that an organization would plant someone in the audience to ask softball questions. But to sign up for this message board? Ya I'm not so sure about that.
Why is that so hard to believe? It's easy. It's free. Signing up here takes like 30 seconds. Look how many times Ryan Miller* has done it, and that's a guy with multiple bans and IP bans.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Why is that so hard to believe? It's easy. It's free. Signing up here takes like 30 seconds. Look how many times Ryan Miller* has done it, and that's a guy with multiple bans and IP bans.

Whats the motive from an organizational standpoint?

"Instead of trying to win fans over I am going to troll them into submission" doesn't make any sense. He is clearly getting people talking for pages of threads. For some people that is more than enough.

Look at Pauser he has been here for like 15 years poo pooing every single move every single GM has made. Do you think he does it for his love of debating the topics of the day or the reaction he gets out of people?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I wouldn't worry about the shills or the Ryan Millers here on hf...they get crushed every time :laugh:

Worry what the rest of the Internet is saying about the Canucks because Aqua is listening.

The Sedins resigning.
Virtanen pick.
Pettersson.
Hughes.
Gudbranson getting traded before all s*hit broke loose with this franchise.

Stay strong HF.

Continue to question this regime and the propaganda!

Personally, when we miss the playoffs again this year..I can't wait to see the excuses!

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Whats the motive from an organizational standpoint?

"Instead of trying to win fans over I am going to troll them into submission" doesn't make any sense. He is clearly getting people talking for pages of threads. For some people that is more than enough.

Look at Pauser he has been here for like 15 years poo pooing every single move every single GM has made. Do you think he does it for his love of debating the topics of the day or the reaction he gets out of people?
The motive is to get positive discussion of the team happening. Just to get the message out there. Look at the division here. Look at anything on the main board. Do you think it's a coincidence that any move Benning makes *always* has at least some people crawling out of the woodwork to defend it, no matter how brain-dead it is?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Well I'm sure some are susceptible to mob influence but I would like to think that most of us can make up our own minds here and our opinions don't change just because there are like others shouting back at us and questioning our posts. So I don't really see the point. But you are free to believe what you want to believe, conspiracy or not.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well I'm sure some are susceptible to mob influence but I would like to think that most of us can make up our own minds here and our opinions don't change just because there are like others shouting back at us and questioning our posts. So I don't really see the point. But you are free to believe what you want to believe, conspiracy or not.
Have you ever heard of a guy called President Trump?

Put the word out. Once it's out, it can be quoted and re-sent and retweeted. Keep it moving. The more you get moving, the more the metrics carry your message. Doesn't have to be true, doesn't have to be logical, just has to be out there and moving. Seriously, have you been living in a cave since 2016?

*edit* I mean, it's happening at literally the highest levels of government for years now. 2016 was just a proof of concept, and the world was paying close attention. Do you know the Aquamen to be super ethical people? If they can get away with it, they'll do it. This little forum here is nothing. It's one website. Takes no time to register, as I said. Even with a guy constantly rereging sock puppets who we all know is doing it the beat just goes on. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's a few people sitting at a coffee table. It's that easy.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Have you ever heard of a guy called President Trump?

Put the word out. Once it's out, it can be quoted and re-sent and retweeted. Keep it moving. The more you get moving, the more the metrics carry your message. Doesn't have to be true, doesn't have to be logical, just has to be out there and moving. Seriously, have you been living in a cave since 2016?

*edit* I mean, it's happening at literally the highest levels of government for years now. 2016 was just a proof of concept, and the world was paying close attention. Do you know the Aquamen to be super ethical people? If they can get away with it, they'll do it. This little forum here is nothing. It's one website. Takes no time to register, as I said. Even with a guy constantly rereging sock puppets who we all know is doing it the beat just goes on. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's a few people sitting at a coffee table. It's that easy.

Okay. Well you believe what you want to believe. Personally I don't really care. There's plenty of us who have posted here for years who I don't think will have their opinions changed just because it's the popular opinion. Of course some like to be on the popular side of things and have most people agree with them.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Thomas Drance, being back in the fold, has a very good appearance on Dimitri Filipovic's PDOcast, and they address the question that a lot of us have asked here: why would you limit your search for a top executive to a minuscule pool of former NHL players?

Drance (who is a very, very smart dude – they both are) actually does raise some interesting points for consideration, though, for what it's worth, although one of them (the relative simplicity of the NHL's CBA compared to other sports) really just begs the question in a way that Filipovic seizes upon – "the job so easy anyone can do it!" :laugh:

It's the first time I've listened to the PDOcast, but it was quite interesting:

Episode 309: Guess Who’s Back

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
The motive is to get positive discussion of the team happening. Just to get the message out there. Look at the division here. Look at anything on the main board. Do you think it's a coincidence that any move Benning makes *always* has at least some people crawling out of the woodwork to defend it, no matter how brain-dead it is?

I highly doubt that anyone in the Canucks organization would go to those lengths to get people excited about the team. I think they probably just focus on building an entertaining product and let the passionate fans who see positives and want to talk about it online take care of itself.

Reactions: bbud and Nomobo

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I highly doubt that anyone in the Canucks organization would go to those lengths to get people excited about the team. I think they probably just focus on building an entertaining product and let the passionate fans who see positives and want to talk about it online take care of itself.
Bwahahahahaha!

Aqua and his team have been misleading us fans for years.

You might just be a prime example of this son.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'm actually legitimately curious about this now.

I don’t think we’ve even seen information on which region he scouts, but I’m guessing the WHL given the family history.

In regards to his role I’m assuming(going off what little info I could find on the amateur scouting hierarchy)he’s absorbed more arenas into his region of scouting or he’s become one of the bigger picture guys who crossover into another region who form rankings on the combined areas throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad