Man on the Silfver Mountain

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
He started a bit slow (for his standards) but now he's dominating shifts like he did in the SEL. He's been sniping, making plays and been solid in other areas of the game as well. He's been a top-level AHLer as expected.

He'll slot into the top-6 ASAP and if I had to pinpoint a career projection for him I'd say a Jason Pominville-like career. He's that good.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
He's been awesome down in Bingo. Many Sens fans (me included) think he would be in our top six if there was a season. Hopefully another poster can give you more analysis.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
He is the leading scorer for Binghamton, played 25 games 11 goals 11 assists with only 2 mins in penalties, as far as overall scoring in the league he is the 38th highest scorer, 18 points behind the top 2 scorers but only 8 points behind the 3rd top scorer. He is currently on a 4 game scoring streak with 4 goals and 2 assists.
Some of his goals have been amazing snipes, it took him awhile to adjust to the smaller ice surfaces and tighter checking, but is showing he belongs, i expect if the NHL does get going this year he will definately be called up for the SENS.
Now if we can only get his fellow Swede Zibby to start playing, after various injuries/sicknesses and rumours, it will be good to see him back on the ice.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Always looks dangerous when he's on the ice. Great at anticipating the play and sound defensively. Could play first or second line in the NHL. Has dominated shifts on a regular basis since his initial "adjusting" phase he experienced in the first 6 or 7 games.

Looking forward to seeing him play with a legitimate centre. I think if on a line with playmakers like Spezza or Turris, he could really explode in the NHL. Especially with someone that has elite talent like Spezza.

But overall he is Bingo's best player to start the season (Benoit a close second).

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
the goal he scored the other night was pretty special. picked it up at our blueline, showed a really nice burst to get separation from a defender going into their attacking zone, and then fired an absolute rocket ship to the top corner. it was a pure skill goal.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
His goal last game or a couple of games ago was a beaut, Straight to the net fighting for the puck and managed to shove it in. Showed that he wasn't scared to get to the dirty areas.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He plays so eerily similar to Alfredsson and Pomnville. A person who protects the puck unbelievably well and dictates the play of the ice by his position and vision. He can slow down the pace of a game or speed it up.

Besides that, Silfverberg has shown his unbelievable shot plenty of times already but something I'm gonna mention that others seem to underrate due to not enough views is his spectacular passing ability. He dishes them off just as good as he snipes them. Early on the year, even up to this point, sometimes he gives passes that are near tap-ins but others fail to convert. Truly an unbelievable all-around player on the offensive zone. His shot allows him to cheat goalies to give in due to his uncanny sniping and opens up passing lanes that he seems to find instantly if he goes for the pass.

On the defensive end, he is very smart and effective, always seeming to make a key play that leads to the breakup of a passing play or of the sort by the opposing team and turns back the other way for his team.

He also plays like a leader and always seems to produce when needed or when the rest of the team can't seem to get it going. A couple days ago, he scored the goal that eventually lead to the 4-3 comeback victory in the third period. Also is amazing along the boards.

As someone said in another thread, Silfverberg is not the type to actually be the one to constantly carry the puck in but he's the one who makes plays that lead to the puck carrier and finishes off from him. That's why I don't think we've seen the best of Silfverberg yet but we've seen a more dominant one with DaCosta on his line, a player who has also played brilliantly.

Regardless, he makes everyone around him better and seems to get everyone involved.

This is why I was advocating Silfverberg as someone who I knew was capable of winning the Calder alongside Spezza.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
he's been great. i wonder how much of his recent scoring can be attributed to him getting da costa on his line. i'm sure it's help a bit, but goals like the one where he stole the puck, skated by the defender, then absolutely sniped it are all him. playing with a smart center is certainly good for him, so him and either of our top two lines should be great to watch. can't wait to see him in action in the nhl

General Granny*

I haven't seen a shot like that in the organization since Heatly.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think it would be helpful to also mention what you don't like about silfverberg. Obviously we're all sens fans so we'll say good things, but reading this thread would make you think he's the next crosby. It would be informative to also shed light on the stuff holding him back, or the things he needs to improve.

When reading scouting reports, i always prefer the ones that give the good and the bad, not just the good, because they make every prospect sound like wayne gretzky in the making.

TheOriginalSilf*

When reading scouting reports, i always prefer the ones that give the good and the bad, not just the good, because they make every prospect sound like wayne gretzky in the making.

Wayne Gretzky wishes he was Jakob Silfverberg!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Will likely win Rookie of the month for December, as of now has 7 goals and 4 assists in 8 games, with 4 games remaining.

John Holmes*

So he took a while to adjust, figured it out and now he's performing.

Just like the script reads. Let's hope it translates to the NHL if they ever bother to start the season.

General Granny*

He doesn't have elite puck possession?

He never played a puck possession game, he was always the shooter in his line but he distributes the puck well and strong on the puck in the corners.

Even though in his first weeks were slow and was adgusting to the ice, he was still leading the team in points.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He never played a puck possession game, he was always the shooter in his line but he distributes the puck well and strong on the puck in the corners.

Even though in his first weeks were slow and was adgusting to the ice, he was still leading the team in points.

Thats my point...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad