Speculation: Mammoth Contract

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Do you think there is any chance teams trade problem for probleme ?

Here is a list of Mammoth contract that could be traded one on one.

NYI - A.Ladd
DET - F.Nielsen
CGY - M.Lucic
CHI - B.Seabrook
VAN - L.Eriksson
MTL - K.Alzner
NJ - C. Schneider

(I'm probably forgetting a lot of contracts) so do you think a one for one trade could happen ? If so which one would you guess as the most chance to happen.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I know Lundqvist has always insisted he does not want to be traded, but he's also never watched more games from the bench than he has from the ice. If anything changes, I would think he goes on this list.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know Lundqvist has always insisted he does not want to be traded, but he's also never watched more games from the bench than he has from the ice. If anything changes, I would think he goes on this list.

Does he qualify for this? Lundqvist is still good, just overpaid.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Montreal doesn't need to get rid of Alzner. They aren't hurting for cap space and I think they would rather just let him finish out his contract with the laval rocket than make a lateral move around him.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Detroit will just ride out Frannys contract

I think a lot of teams will ride out the rest of these contracts but at the same time I wonder if it's the right move.

With Larkin, Rasmussen, Veleno and maybe Byfield waiting/taking for a spot with the wings so on paper i'd say a Nielsen vs Eriksson trade makes sens (Both contract end at the same time).

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I think a lot of teams will ride out the rest of these contracts but at the same time I wonder if it's the right move.

With Larkin, Rasmussen, Veleno and maybe Byfield waiting/taking for a spot with the wings so on paper i'd say a Nielsen vs Eriksson trade makes sens (Both contract end at the same time).
If somehow we luck into Byfield and Veleno/Ras continue on a good develop curve. I’d rather trade Frans for someone with more cap and less term. We have a bunch of cap freed up the next couple years.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Most of Ladd's salary has been already paid and they are not in cap trouble.

So, unless the owners want to buy him out,I prefer to have him riding the buses while providing leadership in Bridgeport instead of swapping out bad contract for bad contract.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
How soon do we see Myers on this list? I know Canucks fans will say they're okay with him so far, but I'm guessing that'll change in a year or two.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Do you think there is any chance teams trade problem for probleme ?

Here is a list of Mammoth contract that could be traded one on one.

NYI - A.Ladd - 5.500/4
DET - F.Nielsen - 5.250/3
CGY - M.Lucic - 5.250/4
CHI - B.Seabrook - 6.875/5
VAN - L.Eriksson - 6.000/3
MTL - K.Alzner - 4.625/3
NJ - C. Schneider - 6.000/3

(I'm probably forgetting a lot of contracts) so do you think a one for one trade could happen ? If so which one would you guess as the most chance to happen.

Added in their contracts for context. I don’t see any moves that benefit both teams. Schneider and Alzner are both easy buyouts after this year (or both teams can ride out the contracts). Eriksson and Neilsen will both stay put unless traded for each other, why would either team want to add another year on with Lucic/Ladd. Seabrook I’ve got no clue what they will do with him. He’s got tons of term left and Chicago is rich with RHD prospects.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Most of Ladd's salary has been already paid and they are not in cap trouble.

So, unless the owners want to buy him out,I prefer to have him riding the buses while providing leadership in Bridgeport instead of swapping out bad contract for bad contract.

I am not sure how much sense it makes from a red wing POV but a Nielsen for Ladd deal makes sense for the Islanders given our need for a 3rd line center(4th if you consider Cizikas as our 3rd line)

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Doesn’t Loi have a NTC? Frans can’t do much but he can at least take shootouts if we’re desperate

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I am not sure how much sense it makes from a red wing POV but a Nielsen for Ladd deal makes sense for the Islanders given our need for a 3rd line center(4th if you consider Cizikas as our 3rd line)

I guess It will depend on who the wings draft at the end of the year (Laffy,Raymond,Byfield,etc). They already have Abdelkader who is similar to Ladd but if they draft Byfield they will want to give him an NHL spot in the next 2 years so you have to wonder if they would be better with a winger than a Center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad