Recalled/Assigned: Mamin recalled from Springfield, sent back on 1/12/18

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Interesting. He's been good lately so it does make some sense...
Where's his spot though? Vrbata waiving or is someone hurt?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Interesting. He's been good lately so it does make some sense...
Where's his spot though? Vrbata waiving or is someone hurt?
Vrbata has been "ill" (sounds a bit too convenient considering his performances, but you never know, we'll see if he travels with the team) and I think McGinn has had something lingering him since the preseason (missing a game or two here and there).

The team is also about to have 5 road games in 8 days, with one B2B. Mamin could just be insurance for the trip.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Tests on Vrbata came back negative, apparently he’s still sick and possible even more than just sick, and therefore need an extra guy for the road trip.

Mamin obviously has nearly 200 games of pro experience having played the last 3 seasons in the KHL.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Thank God Vrbata signed an one year deal and not a 5 year deal.

Excited to see Mamin

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Tests on Vrbata came back negative, apparently he’s still sick and possible even more than just sick, and therefore need an extra guy for the road trip.

Mamin obviously has nearly 200 games of pro experience having played the last 3 seasons in the KHL.
I don't like the sound of that. If the run of the mill tests were inconclusive then he likely will be sent to the Mayo Clinic which is the top diagnostic center in the US for more elaborate tests. Cleveland Clinic probably handled the standard tests but they may not be equipped to handle something that has not manifested itself yet. Wishing him and his family the best. :)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Possible Vrbata has a severe case of Bollanditis

he didn´t have the 5years 4,5 Mio Contract. :D Its only the half of it.

But Mamin would be nice to see. He had a good Preseason, was a candidate for 4th Line rolle. So i let me surprise how he could be, as an reserve. Not easy to jump in into a Team, you dont play along. Dont expect him before 3 RaodGame.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I don't like the sound of that. If the run of the mill tests were inconclusive then he likely will be sent to the Mayo Clinic which is the top diagnostic center in the US for more elaborate tests. Cleveland Clinic probably handled the standard tests but they may not be equipped to handle something that has not manifested itself yet. Wishing him and his family the best. :)

Funniest post of 2017

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Would like to see this guy in the lineup on the 3rd line instead of McGinn. McGinn hasn't impressed me lately. Not sure if he's banged up or what, just don't like his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad