Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin also outscored Kovalchuk in the world championship preseason games. And he's better looking than Malkin. These are facts.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Ovechkin also outscored Kovalchuk in the world championship preseason games. And he's better looking than Malkin. These are facts.
Also at 17, Ovechkin was the youngest player since Tretiak to be named to the Russian national team at 17 years of age. Russians generally do no trust younger players (Ovechkin was 17, BTW).

Facts are facts.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
It's too early to tell who will be the better player, I think 5 or 6 years from now w'll have a clear picture of who will be better out of the two, but at the moment it's very hard.

Currently AO is obviously the better prospect, but Malkin does have the potential to be great and who knows, down the road he might be the better player out of the two, I mean no one ever thought Daigle was gonna bust out but he did and Pronger turned out to be the best player in the draft, same thing could happen, I'm not saying AO will be a bust but I believe that Malkin has enough potential to be better, but then again Ovechkin has the potential to be the greatest player to get drafted ever since Lemieux so it's pretty much a moot point at this moment.

However I do find one thing very disturbing, it kills me when people compare Ovechkin to Kovalchuk and say he's better, frankly I've ran across many of these people, get it through your heads people, until we see Ovechkin in the NHL and until we see him do the things Kovalchuk did, Ovechkin will never be in Kovalchuk's league in my view, Ilya was the 5th player to score 100 goals at the age of 20, he's the real deal, so please cut the Kovalchuk comparssion crap.

Steve Latin*

Dark Metamorphosis said:
he led the team, dynamo.

Right, with thirteen (13) goals. He was the was youngest player ever to lead his team in goals.

S L

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Til the End of Time said:
Players like that come along, once or twice a decade. You can't "realistically" expect to draft a player like that first overall every year, let alone second.

Players like Joe Sakic come along about every 3rd year....as far as players like modano being once or twice a decade modano is no better then jagr forsberg weight sundin fedorov roenick kovalev kariya who were all from "about" the same time frame all well within a decade.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Players like Joe Sakic come along about every 3rd year....as far as players like modano being once or twice a decade modano is no better then jagr forsberg weight sundin fedorov roenick kovalev kariya who were all from "about" the same time frame all well within a decade.
Very true. The thing that makes him almost a sure shot was that nobody had anything bad to say about him. Even "super" scout Dave Conte compared him to Jean Beliveau. While other comparisons to some other players have gone around, from what I've seen he reminded me of Quebec's Mats Sundin. As far as being a better player than AO, stats-wise I don't think so but I do think that he'll be as important to his team.

db23

If nothing else, Malkin is the best looking draftee. Ovechkin looks like an alien, Barker looks like a "special ed" guy, Ladd looks like he ODed on steroids, Wheeler looks like he just came from the chess club meeting, Montoya looks like he spends too much time in front of a mirror. The guys who look like hockey players are Malkin, Olesz, Thelen, Chipchura.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
db23 said:
If nothing else, Malkin is the best looking draftee. Ovechkin looks like an alien, Barker looks like a "special ed" guy, Ladd looks like he ODed on steroids, Wheeler looks like he just came from the chess club meeting, Montoya looks like he spends too much time in front of a mirror. The guys who look like hockey players are Malkin, Olesz, Thelen, Chipchura.

Lol, are u a girl?

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
db23 said:
???????? :dunno:

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
db23 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol but Ovechkin did scare me.. Ugh, im guessing that there gonna use those guys to earn some cash by marketing them.. :dunno: Last thing you know theres a bunch of screaming girls " I love you Malkin"

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Skittles said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol but Ovechkin did scare me.. Ugh, im guessing that there gonna use those guys to earn some cash by marketing them.. :dunno: Last thing you know theres a bunch of screaming girls " I love you Malkin"

lol, when the marketing team gets done with these guys you'll see them in Playgirl magazine as a 2nd job

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
#2 said:
lol, when the marketing team gets done with these guys you'll see them in Playgirl magazine as a 2nd job

:eek: .. yeah, but you know that Football player who was in the show bachalor or something (yeah, im dumb). How come there's never been a hockey player doing something like that, is it because some of the good players (datysuk,ovehkin) in hockey look UGLY.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Most Penguins fans were planning on waiting a couple of years anyway.

That would only take Malkin to age 20.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But Jacob, he totally might sign until 2008!!! We need to trade him NOW!!! I KNEW it was a bad idea to take a Euro!!! We should have drafted Schremp, he'll be ready next year!!!

All this talk is "Malkin" me nervous!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!11111!!11

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
#2 said:
Evgeni Malkin was easily the 2nd best prospect entering the 04 draft. I was wondering does this kid have what it takes to become better than Ovechkin, does he have the skill to be a 90+ pt getter?, or do you think he will just end up being a number 2 centre notching 50-65 pts a year.

At this stage of their careers it is near impossible to forsee what kind of a player this 18 year old kid will become. Can he be better than Ovechkin? Sure, why not!
As good as Nash was in junior, could anyone say that they knew he would win the Rocket Richard trophy in his 2nd year? Sometimes it's timing, others the team they play on, the coach, the philosophy, or the linemates. It could be one or a combo of all that help a young kid make an impact early in his career. I think from what little I saw of him that he does have huge upside. Great skills, a solid work ethic and a fantastic attitude. All the ingredients seem to be there to make up a very successful NHL player.

Randall Graves*

Dark Metamorphosis said:
i don't think anyone is dumb enough to say that. there's a reason why ovechkin is on the world cup team and malkin isn't. i think you misread it, because i too have seen a lot of "malkin could be better in the future".
Blake Wheeler could be better than Ovechkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad