Malkin vs Kopitar

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
you are...100% incorrect....if, lets say, the poster made a Kopitar >>> Malkin you woud be making sense......of course he did not.....he even said that Malkin was better....so tell me how does the "Paaaaaaaaaaaaarise >>>>>> Crosby" thread compare? For you to always bring up Crosby is just puzzling....but you do it all the time

I also find it funny how you blast people for "overrating a player far too soon" when you championed that cause for Malkin (at a time where you probably wouldnt recognize him if he was in the same room with you wearing a shirt that said "I'm Malkin")....another funny thing is this...."In this case the thread came up a ridiculous two games into Kopitar's entire career"...i could be wrong but wasnt that 2 more games than Malkin at that time?

still wondering what will "come back to bite him"...please tell me exactly what you mean.....without using Crosby analogies, because they simply dont apply here for reasons myself and others have pointed out

what was said that was so wrong in this thread.....not threads about 2 different players from over a year ago

The point is that the implication behind this thread's inception was that the preseason perceptions regarding these two were off. I found it to be ridiculous two games in to do a reevaluation. Just as I found it ridiculous to reevaluate Parise and Crosby one game into the season last year. Again, if you can not follow that analogy, but want to use it as a launching pad to hammer me, not my problem.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
You may be right in the long run. Hell, Malkin may bust, there are no guarentees. But, I was not the one that threw up a thread regarding Malkin two games in. My point was that these pop up far too soon far too often. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred they end up looking silly in hindsight.

How many threads did you put up or comment on before Malkin ever stepped on NHL ice?

again...the OP asked how wide/narrow is the gap...simple question....which of course lead you to dig up posts from over a year ago that have nothing to do with the question

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How many threads did you put up or comment on before Malkin ever stepped on NHL ice?

again...the OP asked how wide/narrow is the gap...simple question....which of course lead you to dig up posts from over a year ago that have nothing to do with the question

Not an accurate representation. Those threads were when Ovechkin and Malkin were both prospects and therefore all we had was speculation. This thread, and others of its ilk, say wow, look at that one great game, period, sometimes shift or goal. Let us totally reevaluate the preceptions of this player or that. You are getting weaker and weaker in your arguments Mothra.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
The point is that the implication behind this thread's inception was that the preseason perceptions regarding these two were off. I found it to be ridiculous two games in to do a reevaluation. Just as I found it ridiculous to reevaluate Parise and Crosby one game into the season last year. Again, if you can not follow that analogy, but want to use it as a launching pad to hammer me, not my problem.

how is that the case...this is the OP....

"I just wanted to get a sense on how these two compare. Both are big players with great hands. I think Malkin is better then Kopitar but how wide or narrow is the gap?"

its very short and simple....I dont read anything other than a straight up question. Add to that its likely that many fans/posters hadnt seen Kopitar until these 2 games and after seeing him they wondered out load "how much better is Malkin"....but we cant have that now can we

Your insecurities on how other people rate "your" players jumps the gun and you start bring up threads that have nothing to do with anything. The world isnt big enough to list all the dumb things said on HF.....and the threads you linked support that....of course they have nothing to do with this thread, but you cant get by with out saying "Crosby"

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Not an accurate representation. Those threads were when Ovechkin and Malkin were both prospects and therefore all we had was speculation. This thread, and others of its ilk, say wow, look at that one great game, period, sometimes shift or goal. Let us totally reevaluate the preceptions of this player or that. You are getting weaker and weaker in your arguments Mothra.

ok...so I didnt read any Ovechkin/Malkin comparisons last year....is that what you are saying?

again..I dont see this is a "reevaluation" at all...I said this somewhere but its very possible that the OP had never seen Kopitar and wondered how much better Malkin was....knowing that there are indeed people who have seen plenty of both

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
how is that the case...this is the OP....

"I just wanted to get a sense on how these two compare. Both are big players with great hands. I think Malkin is better then Kopitar but how wide or narrow is the gap?"

its very short and simple....I dont read anything other than a straight up question. Add to that its likely that many fans/posters hadnt seen Kopitar until these 2 games and after seeing him they wondered out load "how much better is Malkin"....but we cant have that now can we

Your insecurities on how other people rate "your" players jumps the gun and you start bring up threads that have nothing to do with anything. The world isnt big enough to list all the dumb things said on HF.....and the threads you linked support that....of course they have nothing to do with this thread, but you cant get by with out saying "Crosby"

Ok, you have me there because what I said apparently was not clear to you. My response was to the thread more than the original poster. The idea that two games in the gap was 'closer than most thought.' I thought that was fairly clear in my response, but so be it. I stand by what I said regarding 'the gap is closer than people think' though. By the way, what is all this Crosby talk and this thread being proof of my obsession? Only you are mentioning him, not me. I was talking about Malkin, except for one analogy I threw out.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ok...so I didnt read any Ovechkin/Malkin comparisons last year....is that what you are saying?

again..I dont see this is a "reevaluation" at all...I said this somewhere but its very possible that the OP had never seen Kopitar and wondered how much better Malkin was....knowing that there are indeed people who have seen plenty of both

If I actually threw out a 'Malkin is clearly closer to Ovechkin than most think because of Ovechkins first couple games in the NHL, and Malkin's first couple in the RSL' then fine you have me.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Ok, you have me there because what I said apparently was not clear to you. My response was to the thread more than the original poster.

lets look at it then...your first post

May I remind people of the threads last year?

Parise >>>> Crosby
Prucha >>>> Crosby
Vanek >>>>> Crosby

Would not trade (fill in the blank) for Crosby straight up I recall being in some. Hell, anytime someone had a good week or period even threads like this popped up. Kopitar looks like a fine player and the real deal. Then again there is nothing wrong with any of those players above either. But who in their right mind would trade any for Crosby? It still is very early in his career. This is one of those threads that could pop up to haunt you in a year or so.

second post......

I have heard it before:

Me: Prucha better than Crosby
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...=Prucha+Crosby

Stan Fischler: Prucha better than Crosby
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...=Prucha+Crosby

the five or so Parise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crosby threads that i think the original posters deleted in shame recently.

The Vanek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crosby threads.

..........and on and on. Believe me, unless this one is deleted as well, I will gladly pull this one up in a year to have a good laugh over too

so by my count that's 9 Crosby's, 1 Kopitar, and 0 Malkin's

The idea that two games in the gap was 'closer than most thought.' I thought that was fairly clear in my response, but so be it. I stand by what I said regarding 'the gap is closer than people think' though. By the way, what is all this Crosby talk and this thread being proof of my obsession? Only you are mentioning him, not me.

This is one of the things you responded to....

"the ones who think that Malkin>>>>>>>>>>Kopitar, you guys are in for a surprise. the gap is alot closer then you imagine"

and yet you really think your year old Crosby threads are of the same nature..I dont get that. I understand the "greater than" sign is not some official unit of measurement, much less the popular multiple use of it....but let me say that IMO no one is >>>>>>>>>> than anyone else. My take on what this poster was saying is, Malkin is indeed better...but not by >>>>>>>>>> amount...again, cant have that now can we

I was talking about Malkin, except for one analogy I threw out

How can you say that with a straight face?.....in case you missed it.....9 Crosby's, 1 Kopitar, and 0 Malkin's.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Easily. I remember the examples regarding my team much more easily and readily than other players. That said, I have seen many examples of this over the years regarding other players other teams, most of which I have only a passing interest in, so none come as easily to mind when I am responding. Fact is I used the examples off the top of my head. My focus in this was at best Crosby waaaaaaaaaay down the list. It was not even Malkin for that matter. The focus was the point that people jump the gun way to fast in reevaluting players. You are making it way too easy for me Mothra. ;) Likely because I am in the right in this. Hell, accuse me of being a homer. Aren't we all to one degree or another? But I am hardly one player obsessed. Pens, perhaps. And I am not what you accuse in this thread. And my point is very valid and describes what goes on at HF to a T.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Easily. I remember the examples regarding my team much more easily and readily than other players. That said, I have seen many examples of this over the years, none come as easily to mind when I am responding. Fact is I used the examples off the top of my head. My focus in this was at best Crosby waaaaaaaaaay down the list. It was not even Malkin for that matter. The focus was the point that people jump the gun way to fast in reevaluting players. You are making it way too easy for me Mothra. ;) Likely because I am in the right in this. Hell, accuse me of being a homer. Aren't we all to one degree or another? But I am hardly one player obsessed. Pens, perhaps. And I am not what you accuse in this thread. And my point is very valid and describes what goes on at HF to a T.

youre actually dead wrong and trying hard to spin out of it.....

fact....guy asks how wide/narrow the gap is between Malkin and Kopitar.....you post multiple threads on SC that have nothing to do with his question, the tone of his question

You are just butthurt because some said Malkin might not be a thousand times better than Kopitar....just better

answer me this....are these two things the same?

1) player X is >>>>> better than player Y
2) how much better is player X than player Y

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
youre actually dead wrong and trying hard to spin out of it.....

fact....guy asks how wide/narrow the gap is between Malkin and Kopitar.....you post multiple threads on SC that have nothing to do with his question, the tone of his question

You are just butthurt because some said Malkin might not be a thousand times better than Kopitar....just better

answer me this....are these two things the same?

I answered this a dozen times already and we are going around in circles. My focus was not whether is Malkin is >>>>>>>> anyone including God. You want to create a strawman of your own creation to knock down. Read my responses above for what my focus was and is. I am not going to retype it.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
I answered this a dozen times already and we are going around in circles. My focus was not whether is Malkin is >>>>>>>> anyone including God. You want to create a strawman of your own creation to knock down. Read my responses above for what my focus was and is. I am not going to retype it.

well that answers the question....you think

and.....

are the exact same thing. I of course disagree

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
well that answers the question....you think

and.....

are the exact same thing. I of course disagree

No, you are putting words in my mouth. Nice straw man though.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
No, you are putting words in my mouth. Nice straw man though.

well I have asked you straight up a couple times without a straight answer.

One can only assume seeing how a thread was made with "how much better is player X than player Y" being the question....your response was to post multiple links that were of the "player X is >>>>> better than player Y" variety.....saying they were accurate analogies......so you arent adding up here.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
well I have asked you straight up a couple times without a straight answer.

One can only assume seeing how a thread was made with "how much better is player X than player Y" being the question....your response was to post multiple links that were of the "player X is >>>>> better than player Y" variety.....saying they were accurate analogies......so you arent adding up here.

Again, I did not address that. I addressed the 'gap has closed more than people think' part of the thread. Did you miss that the couple times I posted it above? The analogy is people jumping the gun way early based on a couple of games, a shift or even one goal, not who was actually better than who in the end, though the perception going into this year was that Malkin is on another tier entirely and I believe that it is too early to change that perception. But that is neither here nor there to my original point. If you do not get it this time I give up.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Again, I did not address that. I addressed the 'gap has closed more than people think' part of the thread. Did you miss that the couple times I posted it above? The analogy is people jumping the gun way early based on a couple of games, a shift or even one goal, not who was actually better than who in the end, though the perception going into this year was that Malkin is on another tier entirely and I believe that it is too early to change that perception. But that is neither here nor there to my original point. If you do not get it this time I give up.

I didnt see any of it as "because of these two games the gap has closed"...the way I read it was some think Kopitar is a hell of a player and in their opinion Malkin isnt >>>>>>>>>>>>>> better, even though he is indeed better.....and again, the OP only asked "how much better" in so many words......jeezus, the nerve of that guy....mentioning Kopitar in the same post as Malkin......I say he just gets banned and be done with it

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:shakehead

OK, I am done. Why not make up more arguments for me and have a conversation with yourself? You can feel superior then as you knock one made up argument from me after another down. This is getting nowhere fast. Have a good one.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
:shakehead

OK, I am done. Why not make up more arguments for me and have a conversation with yourself? You can feel superior then as you knock one made up argument from me after another down. This is getting nowhere fast. Have a good one.

I dont see anything made up at all....other than what you say some people said. If you ask me, and thats only if you ask, I would suggest that you admit you jumped the gun on this thread, that it was not like any of the threads you posted as being similar and that you either read it wrong or took it the wrong way...but thats only if you ask me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad