Malkin vs Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Its certainly close, as Plural has made the case for here, but I still go with Malkin. Both are similar offensively and can produce no matter who is on their wing, but I still believe that Malkin has the higher top gear despite Kane's '16. I think Malkin is also somewhat underrated defensively. He can be very good when he wants to be and can tilt the ice more than Kane in that regard. Kane also tends to get highly skewed offensive starts. Malkin isn't used much defensively but at least gets the more mixed minutes of the typical star. He also has to share offensive minutes with Crosby's line and has shown when being the go to player on offense he can actually produce more.

It's not just defensive ability, but Kane probably makes more high risk plays to generate a chance than any other player in hockey. This often leads to a breakaway for the opposing team when he tries to make moves near the blueline even when heavily pressured. (see: the 2016 WCOH).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Malkin is a legitimate Top talent in his own right. He's simply overshadowed by the more talented and important NHL figure in Crosby.
This is Moose v Gretzky and people seem to not get it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Malkin is a legitimate Top talent in his own right. He's simply overshadowed by the more talented and important NHL figure in Crosby.
This is Moose v Gretzky and people seem to not get it.

Lol not quite. Gretzky was far better than Messier when they played together, with Crosby and Malkin it's been basically a 1a and 1b situation a lot of years, and neither have had great health so half the time it's hard to compare their seasons when one or both have missed a lot of games. We know that when both are playing to their potential they are pretty equal caliber players, which is supported by their stats obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad