Malkin, too soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i believe it was either sykora or elias that said last year that malkin isn't afraid at all to go into high traffic areas. he's not a hitter by nature like ovechkin though.

from hockeysfuture

Physical Play: Isn’t naturally a physical player, preferring more of a European, technical style of hockey...can take and deliver physical punishment very well, even at the Super League level...great awareness under pressure and is very hard to knock off the puck…even if a body is between him and the puck, he uses his reach and great stick handling ability to direct the puck to a teammate and away from the opponent...fights hard at the boards, but here again, needs to bulk up to be more effective, but already very hard to knock down.

i don't think he'll have much trouble.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I was really expecting something much more than that.

Drove to the net, got slashed in the wrist, the puck cleared to the opposite side, and he went quickly to the bench.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
RUSqueelin said:
WOW, Pitts fans and the NHL look out. Crosby and Malkin are going to be dominate.

Now they just need to fill the rest of the team and the big wholes on it.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:
i believe it was either sykora or elias that said last year that malkin isn't afraid at all to go into high traffic areas. he's not a hitter by nature like ovechkin though.

from hockeysfuture

Physical Play: Isn’t naturally a physical player, preferring more of a European, technical style of hockey...can take and deliver physical punishment very well, even at the Super League level...great awareness under pressure and is very hard to knock off the puck…even if a body is between him and the puck, he uses his reach and great stick handling ability to direct the puck to a teammate and away from the opponent...fights hard at the boards, but here again, needs to bulk up to be more effective, but already very hard to knock down.

i don't think he'll have much trouble.

I can def. confirm this !

From what i saw this year Malkin has beyond great balance and is very hard to knock down .

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
BS thread. I've seen Malkin go into traffic, battle along the boards, fight through hooks and holds and stick up for his teammates. This kid is a horse of a player now nevermind when he hits 210-215.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
all i can think of is how he was laying pepole out at the jrs last yr. soft....i dont think thats the word i would use.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad