Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
God Bless Canada said:
What different leagues are you talking about? Are you even suggesting that Francis wouldn't be an elite player in today's NHL? Or are you making the obvious inferrence that Malkin plays in Russia while Francis played in the NHL? Francis was probably one of the top 25 players in the 2001-02 season. Finished at almost a point-per-game at age 40. He was his team's MVP in their Stanley Cup final run in 2002. Malkin and Francis are very different players. Eric Staal is a much better comparison for Francis.

The comparison to Lecavalier is a much better one for Malkin. What has held Lecavalier back is consistency, not talent. Big, strong, highly-skilled with a physical dimension (when Lecavalier chooses to use it).

When I talk different leagues I mean different levels. Sure Francis was a good player but he was never a dominant player Malkin already is. I would say Malkin is Russia's best center forward in the last 10 years at least.

Sammy*

Chinaski said:
Malkin and Ovechkin are both better than kid the sid. Ovechkin has proven and Malkin will prove that in NHL, because he has already proven it internationally. I can recognize the good when I see em. Good luck with your merits. :
Slow day in 'ol coconut. Ovechkin is "proven" while Crosby isnt?
And Malkin is proven i, cause he has proven it internationally AGAINST A BUNCH OF KIDS?
Hilarious.

Sammy*

Metallian said:
Thats like saying Forsberg is clearly better than Jagr
No, actually it isnt.
I think what Crosby & Ovechkin are doing is almost out of this world & people should recognize it as such.
To put Malkin on par with either of them right now is ridiculous.

Chinaski*

Sammy said:
And Malkin is proven i, cause he has proven it internationally AGAINST A BUNCH OF KIDS.
And Malkin is proven i, cause he has proven it internationally AGAINST A BUNCH OF KIDS.
Hilarious.
Well your world of hockey is NHL only, that's why you think he only plays internationally against kids. Hey, hockey is played not only in NHL, but in other countries? Did you know that? Have you ever heard of other tournaments? I guess not.
Yea. Ovechkin has proven he is better than Crosby. To many fans in North America, because in Russia nobody had any doubt about that

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Sammy said:
Hilarious.

You just prove that you absolutly knows nothing about Malkin !

Chinaski*

Metallian said:
*doctors voice from Harold & Kumar* ".....but why??"
Because he is a leader and he leads wherever he plays. In Pittsburgh he may not thrive, just because there is ego. You know what I mean.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Sammy said:
No, actually it isnt.
I think what Crosby & Ovechkin are doing is almost out of this world & people should recognize it as such.
To put Malkin on par with either of them right now is ridiculous.

Malkin plays with men year round and has already shown he is better in the RSL and WJC than Ovechkin was.

If you watch his play you can see his greatness and how well he'll project his play to the NHL. To say he hasn't proven anything yet when he'll be competing at the Olympics in a few weeks is just ignorant.

What are you going to say when he does well against the NHL's best at the Olympics anyway? That "he still hasn't played in the NHL yet so he's not proven"?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
pitthockey81 said:
I wouldn't push the face of the penguins thing too much. He is going to have to win over the Pittsburghers first. Something not easily done, since many of them hold a slight grudge against Malkin for not being here this year. Whether it's fair or not, that's the case. The city has fallen in love with Crosby, and for Malkin to be the franchise player he will have to outshine not only Crosby but Fleury as well. But hell, the competition will only make them better. Here's to hoping we get that arena so I can watch the Malkin-Crosby-Fleury show for the next 10 yrs.

Where in the world do you get this from? I live here and nothing at all that I have heard mentioning Malkin has any tinge of resentment. If anything the fans are itching even more to have him here and the only note at all that I hear a lot of is fear that he will NOT come next year, not a resentful 'let him stay there' sort of thing.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Chinaski said:
Well your world of hockey is NHL only, that's why you think he only plays internationally against kids. Hey, hockey is played not only in NHL, but in other countries? Did you know that? Have you ever heard of other tournaments? I guess not.
Yea. Ovechkin has proven he is better than Crosby. To many fans in North America, because in Russia nobody had any doubt about that

There is no other hockey anywhere in the world that compares with the calibre of NHL hockey. Period. Until you make it there, you haven't made it.

Sammy*

Chinaski said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Yeah, just like Jason Spezza proved last year that he was on a par with Kovalchuk cause he lit up the AHL. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
And please inform the unwashed how Ovechkin has proven he is superiour to Crosby, (notwithstanding been two years older)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinaski*

Pathfinder said:
There is no other hockey anywhere in the world that compares with the calibre of NHL hockey. Period. Until you make it there, you haven't made it.
LOL. You are one hell of a funny dude.

Sammy*

Siberian said:
Why? Because Crosby and Ovechkin shine in crapy teams in NHL and Malkin carries the best Superleagues team?

No, cause they do it against the best players in the world.
New to hockey?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Chinaski said:
But for the Malkin's sake he better stay away from Penguins. The best for him is keep playing for the Russian team, until he is eligible to play for another NHL club.

At first I was also very concerned about this as I knew that it will be (already is)Crosby's team. But now in the last couple of months as I see how well is Malkin developing I almost have no more concernes.

I used to have a feeling how he lacked a bit of Ovechkin's attitude, desire and grit. But lately he turned out to be a true winner and fighter and he is used to winning! This guy is sooooo confident right now. The best player wherever he plays, carries team Russia in Vancouver, named to the Olympic squad, dominates RSL with a dominating team... This season is such a confidence booster! That's why I think he won't accept any failures and won't have any difficulties in the NHL even with Crosby shadowing him.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Chinaski said:
LOL. You are one hell of a funny dude.

Oh, and is that why the world's greatest players scramble to play in those "other" leagues? Please, they are places to hone skills or retire after the glory years.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Sammy said:
Yeah, just like Jason Spezza proved last year that he was on a par with Kovalchuk cause he lit up the AHL. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
And please inform the unwashed how Ovechkin has proven he is superiour to Crosby, (notwithstanding been two years older)?

Why oh why do I feed the trolls? :dunno: :dunno:

First of all....Spezza is amazing, it's not like that prediction is off base

Both players are on pace for 118pts this year, its pretty close. Kovy is obviously better overall though.

And yeah, Ovechkin is not superior to Crosby. Their production is so similar you can't say one is better than the other. The difference between them right now is luck.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Pathfinder said:
This is a very old tune. In Russia people have been hearing it since the beginning of 70-s. This all became a became a joke when Russians beat Canada multiple times including absolutely mopping the floors with one of the best Canada' teams ever assembled and led by Scotty Bowman in the final of the Canada Cup 81.

Look, you could probably say that NHL is the best league and shut up, that way you would look half smart but to say there is other no hockey that compares with calibre of NHL is just dumb.

Chinaski*

Sammy said:

Why oh why do I feed the trolls? :dunno: :dunno:
Well I don't know why do I even try to explain this to a troll, but anyway. Tell me, why was it allright to compare Heatley and Kovalchuck when one was obviously younger than the other? I didn't see anyone even remotely to say anything about the age. But this year it's an issue all of a sudden. Cool off dude. Never label anyone troll, unless you you are sure you are not the one. Watch games with Ovechkin and then with Crosby and you'll see my point with Ovechkin being superiro to the face of new NHL.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This thread hinted at greatness by its very title. But it is actually, like the incredible stupendous, yet surprisingly humble, Malkin, exceeding all expectations . . . . . .

Sammy*

Metallian said:
Malkin plays with men year round and has already shown he is better in the RSL and WJC than Ovechkin was.

If you watch his play you can see his greatness and how well he'll project his play to the NHL. To say he hasn't proven anything yet when he'll be competing at the Olympics in a few weeks is just ignorant.

What are you going to say when he does well against the NHL's best at the Olympics anyway? That "he still hasn't played in the NHL yet so he's not proven"?
If he does it then I will say so.
What you & your Russian friends seem unable to comprehend is the quantum jump from playing in the minor leagues & against kids to plkaying against the best in the world.
Its a massive jump & to think that its so easy to do is frankly, very naive & ignorant.
Btw, no one is satying that Malkin cant or wont do it, just its no gimmee (& its certainly no gimmee it can be done immediatly) like you guys seem to think.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Pathfinder said:
Oh, and is that why the world's greatest players scramble to play in those "other" leagues? Please, they are places to hone skills or retire after the glory years.

Kind of an ignorant statement. Some players just prefer to stay home.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Siberian said:
This is a very old tune. In Russia people have been hearing it since the beginning of 70-s. This all became a became a joke when Russians beat Canada multiple times including absolutely mopping the floors with one of the best Canada' teams ever assembled and led by Scotty Bowman in the final of the Canada Cup 81.

Look, you could probably say that NHL is the best league iand shut up, that way you would look half smart but to say there is other hockey that compares with calibre of NHL is just dumb.

There is no other hockey IN THE WORLD that is on par with NHL hockey :D

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Metallian said:
Kind of an ignorant statement. Some players just prefer to stay home.

And if you can't run with the big dogs...the porch is where the pups should stay :)

KariyaIsGod*

Chinaski said:

He's proven he's better than Crosby?

If anything, he's proven that he and Sid are pretty much neck and neck.

You give him those few extra points for being Russian though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->