Malkin Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanMoran

Mar 13, 2004
If malkin was in last years draft, would he have been drafted ahead of Staal, Horton, and zherdev? I'm just trying to get a feel for the talent level of this year's so called "second best" player in the draft.
Thanks

X-SHARKIE

Thats a very good question. It's a shame he was injured though.
Looking down the long term road..... I would say he is behind Eric Staal and Nathan Horton and his all around game is better then Zherdevs, but Nik seems to be devolping his game away from the puck very nicely, and he has shown the scoring ablity that had me drooling last summer.
I was take Malkin behind those 3 from the 2003 draft class IMO.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
X-SHARKIE said:
Thats a very good question. It's a shame he was injured though.
Looking down the long term road..... I would say he is behind Eric Staal and Nathan Horton and his all around game is better then Zherdevs, but Nik seems to be devolping his game away from the puck very nicely, and he has shown the scoring ablity that had me drooling last summer.
I was take Malkin behind those 3 from the 2003 draft class IMO.

What do they have that Malkin doesn't?

~besides Canadian hype machines~

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i think malkin would go ahead of all the others. he's an 86 born playing in the rsl, and contributing. he outperformed ovechkin at the wjc this year too didn't he?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
PhoPhan said:
Better than Horton, not as good as Zherdev or Staal.

I haven't been impressed with Staal. As I watched his progession early on, he seemed to exceed expectations, but he's slipped substantially with less effective play.

From what I've heard about Malkin, he has everything Horton has, with more talent and upside.

Zherdev
Malkin
Horton
Staal

Semin belongs on this list somewhere, but where its too early to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad