Malkin is the real deal folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
At very worst, Malkin is going to be a perennial Selke winner/runner up. Dave King (Magnitogorsk head coach) has taught him well. But the guy always has his head up. I'd say he has a better hockey sense than either Ovechkin (my favorite player) or Crosby. The other thing that I like about both Ovechkin and Malkin is that, unlike Crosby, they don't yell at their teammates and they do not cause drama. They just go out and do it.

wholeshow*

i know both are centers but a malkin-crosby line would be absolutely SICK! imagine if the pens drafted vanek, zherdev, staal or horton instead of fleury. :eek:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
crosby is becoming underrated around here. Hes only 18. However, I think he is going to come out flying after the break, just so people remember how good he is.

Malkin is great, and its hard to say who is better now or who will be better in the future.

Right now, id say Malkin, then AO, then crosby, but in a few weeks, i think everything will change. You heard it here first.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Malkin looked great in todays game.

That tape to tape pass to Ovechkin was totally sick and it put Russia in front 4-3. Gotta love the clutchness.

wholeshow*

BlindWillyMcHurt said:
They would have no options at goaltender?

why waste your 1st overall pick on a goaltender when it's a known fact that it takes atleast 4-5 years for the majority 18 year old goalies to become a quality NHLer? if you need goaltending you're better off signing an UFA, or drafting a tender in a later round.
besides, what good has fleury done for the pens this year? it's going to be a few more years before he reaches his potential. where as players like staal and vanek are tearing it up. dear god almighty at a malkin-staal-crosby powerplay.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
No concerns how easily he was shut down by the Canadians at the World Juniors?

wholeshow*

Nemchinov13 said:
It would also be the most hideous line in hockey too.

they'd strike fear into their opponents for more reasons then just their hockey skills.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not going to get off topic but considering who they've picked up before and since that draft, it was the right choice. I think most would agree. That doesn't mean that the players you mentioned aren't fantastic because they certainly are. But it was still the best pick for the team in that draft. And he hasn't done anything to show otherwise, despite what you'll read around here.

As for Malkin. I knew the kid was good... but damn.

wholeshow*

ducky said:

he was also the superstar of the team, and was singled out by the CAN juniors. this russian team, is riddled with offensive threats this allows malkin to open up his game as canada's defensive game won't soley target him.

p.s. malkin is on the 4th line

Drudkh

Feb 17, 2006
Pennsylvania
Whatever happens to the Penguins franchise, having control of Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury is not a bad position to be in!

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
wholefnshow said:
he was also the superstar of the team, and was singled out by the CAN juniors. this russian team, is riddled with offensive threats this allows malkin to open up his game as canada's defensive game won't soley target him.

p.s. malkin is on the 4th line

Malkin is on the 2nd line of Karitonov-Malkin-Sushinsky.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Malkin could be the next Sergei Fedorov. He looks so comfortable with every aspect of the game. I can't remember the last time I saw a player his age work the penalty kill that effectively against top-level competition.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
chuckie said:
that looks like a 4th line to me

Not according to ice time and production. :teach:

The 4th line was Frolov-Kozlov-Korolyuk and has now become Korolyuk-Taratukhin-Afinogenov.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
ducky said:
Nope to be honest I've never seen one player so singled out by a team in the WJC. It was a team effort to stop him with Downie, Staal and Parant (please forgive any misspellings) leading the way. It worked but in the future, Olympic hockey or NHL hockey, he will be with a better supporting cast than that WJC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->