Malkin is out for the semifinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
helicecopter said:
The point is the match penalty was undeserved and to suspend Malkin for an Olympics semifinal for what happened on the ice is a ridiculous decision, embarassing for the whole IIHF.

Embarassing for the IIHF is that there was no bylaw in place to punish Ruutu for his charge on Jagr.

Embarassing for hockey is Malkin's actions. As has been mentioned many, many times now, kicking a player is one of the most dangerous things a player can do. Whatever his intent, Malkin attempted to kick Lecavalier. A match penalty is the only possible penalty that can be awarded, and that is completely fair to Malkin, to Havlat, and to everyone who plays the game.

Malkin tried to kick Lecavalier. A one game suspension is more than fair, and should serve as a reminder to Malkin that stupid actions have consequences.

Yureeka47*

Shaiba means puck, When they chant shaibu, shaibu, it means like "get the puck, get the puck"

Back to the Malkin thing.. We shouldnt worry too much, Finland is a less talented squad. They're a hard working, smart squad... so losing a talented player won't hurt us much if we play the same type of game as them.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
According to Gazeta.ru IIHF decided to DQ Malkin for one game. Big blow. He is Russia's best defensive forward plus excellent offensive player.

blamebettman*

Wow, I guess this is Russia's punishment for beating Canada. Not only was is a phantom call, it's a phantom suspension as well. Was anybody watching the way Koharski called the US-Russia game and then the US-Finland game. There's been a ton of pro north american bias going on.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
We'll survive. Put Taratukhin on the RSL line, put Nepryaev on the 4-th line center.
Rotate the wingers. Give Afinogenov more ice time. Give RSL more ice time. Actually, the RSL guys should know how to play Finland - they were learning their lesson for the last 5 years.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
blamebettman said:
Wow, I guess this is Russia's punishment for beating Canada. Not only was is a phantom call, it's a phantom suspension as well. Was anybody watching the way Koharski called the US-Russia game and then the US-Finland game. There's been a ton of pro north american bias going on.

:biglaugh: Give us all a break

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
blamebettman said:

I don't understand why people have a problem with this. He tried to kick Lecavilier in the face with his skate. If someone from Canada had done it, then this board would start a mob to go after the player.

blackgold

Apr 6, 2004
blamebettman said:

I guess it's his punishment for kicking like a girl. Let's see him try that in the NHL without international rules to hide behind.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
blamebettman said:

Even when winning some of you guys whine about the refs. Give it a rest already and try to win with some class instead.

It would be a refreshing change.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
blamebettman said:
through bitter canadian loser glasses it is.

I'm not bitter, in fact I picked Russia to win. Clearly you don't really want to discuss the topic, so why even bother. You are content to just throw insults.

shawn_kemp*

blamebettman said:

:biglaugh:

Koharski is a ... ( :madfire: ), but Malkin's suspension is logical.

BigTimer*

After Canada lost to Switzerland I started cheering for the Russians and I can tell you that it was clear as day as to what Malkin tried to do. He tried to kick Lecavalier in the face.

Although I would of loved to of seen a fight between Lecavalier and Malkin. If you people think Malkin is hideous now, he'd make a burn victim look like a supermodel after Vinny's finished with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad