Malkin is out for the semifinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breenger

Jul 17, 2003
St. Henri
Visit site
Does anyone have video of what happened? It looked kind of like Malkin tried to kick Lecalvalier in the face, but the CBC seemed to miss it. If he did, I would not be surprized to see him miss the rest of the tournament.

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
Kicking with skates on is a definite nono. At least he doesn't have the same baggage as some agitator so will be interesting to see what happens.

MrAlfie

isnt a 5 minute match play penalty an automatic 1 game suspension?

shawn_kemp*

why wouldn't Malkin play?

Jarkko Ruutu got a 5+20 against the Czech Republic and played against Canada, so again, why wouldn't he play?

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I heard a few days ago during one of the games I was watching, that there are no suspensions even if you get a match penalty. So I think Malkin will be playing.

MrAlfie

just saw the replay again.
when i saw it on tv i didnt know why he got the match penalty because they didnt really focus on him and switched right away just before he tried to kick cavi...
whoa man.. i dont wanna imagine what wouldve happened if malkins blade connected with lecavaliers face.. very very dangerous and a total bonehead action by malkin...
i give him the benefit of being young but that was really stupid and i hope it the first and last time he did this..
in conclusion, he should be suspended for the next game, even though i love team russia

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
shawn_kemp said:
why wouldn't Malkin play?

Jarkko Ruutu got a 5+20 against the Czech Republic and played against Canada, so again, why wouldn't he play?

Ruutu didn't play because the Czechs choose not to report him to the "what-ever-it's-called". So if it's the same here, Canada can report him and then "what-ever-it's-called" judge the situation.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Shouldnt be any suspension imo..... the misconduct itself seemed a little harsh for just wrestling Vinny to the ground.

There didnt seem to be any sort of kick, only time Vinnys head got near Malkins feet was when Vinny punched Malkin in the ribs as he was sitting up.

MrAlfie

gozar said:
Ruutu did play because the Czechs choose not to report him to the "what-ever-it's-called". So if it's the same here, Canada can report him and then "what-ever-it's-called" judge the situation.

fixed...

MrAlfie

davemess said:
Shouldnt be any suspension imo..... the misconduct itself seemed a little harsh for just wrestling Vinny to the ground.

There didnt seem to be any sort of kick, only time Vinnys head got near Malkins feet was when Vinny punched Malkin in the ribs as he was sitting up.

first i thought that myself.. "why would they give him a match penalty for a poor wrestling grab" , but he really tried to kick him in the face.. and like i said.. it doesnt take much and vinnys face is split into halfs

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
MrAlfie said:
just saw the replay again.
when i saw it on tv i didnt know why he got the match penalty because they didnt really focus on him and switched right away just before he tried to kick cavi...
whoa man.. i dont wanna imagine what wouldve happened if malkins blade connected with lecavaliers face.. very very dangerous and a total bonehead action by malkin...
i give him the benefit of being young but that was really stupid and i hope it the first and last time he did this..
in conclusion, he should be suspended for the next game, even though i love team russia

I strongly disagree. Lecavalier punched him in the face or near it for absolutely no reason, so there's no way you can blame Malkin here. Its not as if he threw a malicious kick at his face here, be merely shoved Vinny off of him without bringing the blade anywhere near Vinny's face.

MrAlfie

Kurtz said:
I strongly disagree. Lecavalier punched him in the face or near it for absolutely no reason, so there's no way you can blame Malkin here. Its not as if he threw a malicious kick at his face here, be merely shoved Vinny off of him without bringing the blade anywhere near Vinny's face.

im not saying it was malkins intention to hit lecavalier with the blade, and im not saying lecavalier is innocent, but he couldve punched him instead of trying to kick him, and it was clear to me that he tried to kick him in the face.
now its all but´s and if´s , still it could have turned ugly.

oh and by the way.. i wouldnt call lecavaliers punch "for no reason" ... you know.. they were trailing 1-0, it was a close game , malkin wrestled him down.. so im sure there was alot of tension.. which doesnt really excuse his punch but helps to understand.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I think it was an unintentional kick to Vinny. He tried to get out of this position and his skate went towards Vinny's chest... That's it, imo.

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
I don't see Malkin kicking? :confused: He fell and while off balance his leg went up a bit. Besides how can you kick someone in the face while hugging so tightly and falling? :help:

NVM, it was after the fall, which was hard to catch in the video. I see the kick now.

MrAlfie

Icekube said:
I don't see Malkin kicking? :confused: He fell and while off balance his leg went up a bit. Besides how can you kick someone in the face while hugging so tightly and falling? :help:

i cropped it to the important scene, and it looks like hes just off balance and his leg just goes up, but its a kicking motion...

h p://rapidshare.de/files/13906840/malleca.mpg.html

Walzy

Icekube said:

NVM, it was after the fall, which was hard to catch in the video. I see the kick now.

it's when both are on the ice an the ref comes in.....look at 00:10 and 00:11 of the video....i think that's the situation

GoPenguins

Mar 29, 2003
Albany, NY
Visit site
I didnt see any kick in that vid, but I did see Kaspar give Lecavalier a bit of a facewash. I am wondering if Lecavalier thought that was Malkin's doing too. Was there more to it than that, as it would seem to be a very harsh penalty for that.

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
Walzy said:
it's when both are on the ice an the ref comes in.....look at 00:10 and 00:11 of the video....i think that's the situation
Game misconduct for that "kick" ? :dunno: *** :rant:
I think we should wait for the official information.

Who dont see kick look at Malkin's right leg, when referee comes to Lecavalier and Malkin, Lecavalier beats Malkin in face, Malkin kick him with leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->