Malkin for the Art Ross?

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Malkin hasn't played a full 82 game season since 08/09.

Out of the last 9 regular seasons...Pittsburgh has played 704 games. In that same span Malkin has played 542 games..77% of his teams games.

Unfortunately for Malkin, durability is not one of his assets, which doesn't bode well for his trophy case.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Maybe. But only Because Malkin isn't a walking one man team and has a good PP to get points on.

McDavid may just outscore everyone despite no help at all. Really amazing, reminds me of 2011 Crosby during that 25 game point streak. Just so far above everyone else.

Not sure which was more impreesive, Peak 2011 Crosby or what we are seeing from McDavid. He might just will his team to a playoff spot.
It's also worth noting McDavid gets significantly more minutes. 2:34 more per game than Malkin last year. If we're talking P/60, Malkin was #1 in the NHL last season.

Reactions: RiskyBryzness21

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
It's also worth noting McDavid gets significantly more minutes. 2:34 more per game than Malkin last year. If we're talking P/60, Malkin was #1 in the NHL last season.

Malkin was getting almost a minute more PP time per game than McDavid.

McDavid's extra ice was all PK and ES.

McDavid's points/60 would probably rise if he got easier assignments.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Yeah, they both would suck without ENG. Not sure how they've managed to trick people into thinking they're good goal scorers this whole time.
While I'm certain they've accrued EN points, if anything Crosby and Malkin are notoriously inept when either are on the ice in an EN situation. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a site where one can look that stat up. I wouldn't be surprised if between them they have less than ten goals. As for points, hard to say.
The guy that certainly has a lot of EN points is OV. And all he is is one the best players our game has ever seen. I think the same can be said of Malkin and Crosby.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
While I'm certain they've accrued EN points, if anything Crosby and Malkin are notoriously inept when either are on the ice in an EN situation. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a site where one can look that stat up. I wouldn't be surprised if between them they have less than ten goals. As for points, hard to say.
The guy that certainly has a lot of EN points is OV. And all he is is one the best players our game has ever seen. I think the same can be said of Malkin and Crosby.

OV has 28 ENG (6th all time)
Malkin has 21 ENG (20th all time)
Crosby has 17 ENG (43th all time)

Reactions: crossicepass

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
It's also worth nothing that both Malkin and McDavid averaged the same amount of shifts per game, so 2:34 amounts to 6 seconds more per shift. Significant indeed.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If McDavid plays 75 plus games this year. Nobody is going to win the Art Ross. He looks to be on a mission this year. He will drag the Oilers into the playoffs and will them to the final 4. Next year he gets his cup.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
3 point night against the leafs giving him 12 points in 6 games so far, just on fire. Picking up right where he left off last season.

Can he challenge McJesus?

Can Evgeni "Conn Smythe" Malkin challenge McJesus?
CpVdWEQ.gif

62JvvoG.gif

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
If only Crosby could contend for the AR but instead takes the regular season off.Meanwhile Malkin does the heavy lifting.:laugh:

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Yesterday was a mirage with Malkin getting two empty net points. Usually Crosby wont come off the ice when there is an empty net- but the Leafs pulled the goalie with three minutes to go so that was an anomaly. When Malkin got credited for the first empty net goal Sullivan put him out later for the chance at the hat trick so in most cases he wouldn't have been out there. Malkin has changed his game this year to eliminate chances of getting hurt. He's playing a little softer which doesn't look very pleasing but he's producing and that's what you want out of your superstar. As for challenging McDavid, the only two guys in the league I feel can challenge him are Geno and Nathan McKinnon. It all comes down to staying healthy. McDavid by far is the best player in the league and even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->