Malkin for the Art Ross?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Well if he keeps getting 2 empty net points every game he's got a pretty good chance. :laugh:

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Well if he keeps getting 2 empty net points every game he's got a pretty good chance. :laugh:

It’s pretty much the only time in his career he got 2 ENP in a game. If it’s not, well it probably didn’t happen often.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Malkin has not been playing good hockey all year until last night vs the Leafs. And last year Malkin could have won the scoring title if he didn't miss like 10 games and he still finished with 98 points.. A year long Healthy Malkin, not even McDavid would catch him. Malkin's Hockey IQ is on par with McDavid. So far this year and last year Malkin outscored Crosby and Crosby has been healthy

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Malkin has not been playing good hockey all year until last night vs the Leafs. And last year Malkin could have won the scoring title if he didn't miss like 10 games and he still finished with 98 points.. A year long Healthy Malkin, not even McDavid would catch him. Malkin's Hockey IQ is on par with McDavid. So far this year and last year Malkin outscored Crosby and Crosby has been healthy

Beating a Prime, healthy McDavid will be a pretty hard task to do. If somehow Malkin doesn’t miss a game all season long, I could see a case, but it’s unlikely.

Reactions: dukeofjive

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
McDavid finished with 108 points. Malkin finished with 98 and 13 more powerplay points. Had he played 10 more games, maybe he reaches or breaks 108 points, but "not even McDavid would catch him" when he was right there seems silly.

Reactions: Phil68

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
He was on pace to be top 3 in points the past two seasons, but fell back with injuries. Missed 20 games 2 years ago, but just 4 games last year.

He was still off McDavid's pace though. So even if he plays 82 games he'd need either another 10 points, or McDavid to stumble a bit.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
3 point night against the leafs giving him 12 points in 6 games so far, just on fire. Picking up right where he left off last season.

Can he challenge McJesus?

One hell of a player but I don’t see it tbh

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I’ll echo McDavids thought on the matter... whatever.

Let Malkin win the Art Ross. McDavid wants to help his team win games.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He'll blow Crosby out of the water again this year. But in fairness Crosby was significantly better then malkin in the po

Crosby was easily as good as Malkin was last night vs the Leafs. The only thing separating them was 2 extra points Malkin collected on empty net goals.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Is no one mentioning that two of the three points Malkin got last night were empty net points? I don't deny that Malkin can catch McDavid, but trumpeting his greatness after a 2/3 empty net point game is a bit odd

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Is no one mentioning that two of the three points Malkin got last night were empty net points? I don't deny that Malkin can catch McDavid, but trumpeting his greatness after a 2/3 empty net point game is a bit odd

Maybe akin to Matthews being Jesus after 5 games :/.

Seriously though, I could see Malkin getting 100pts if he’s healthy, but I don’t see him catching McDavid.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017

Its more about the fact that he hasn't been lights out in the season yet and he's running at 2PPG pace. Now, imagine when he'll actually start to dominate games..

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Considering McDavid is 11 years younger and has all the skill Malkin has, sans one-timer and a couple inches of size, plus is the fastest player ever.. it’s a good bet that 97 will win unless he gets injured

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I thought old people weren't allowed to win the Art Ross anymore.

Sedin and St Louis won the Art Ross, why do people do think Malkin can't win it? He's even younger than them!

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
You never know...

tenor.gif

Is that Adam Sandler in the movie "Malkin for Art Ross"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad