Proposal: Malkin for PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
If Malkin ever plays for another NHL team, I'd be surprised if it wasn't Florida.

Agreed, but (not to hijack the thread) but I did have a very interesting thought the other day

-Geno's contract is up in 2 years. Barkov is a UFA the same summer.
-Florida continues to be mired in mediocrity, Barkov waits on an extension and decides it's time to win some hardware.
-Geno has a quick word (in Russian, not Finnish) with Barkov, tells him to sign in Pittsburgh. Then Kapanen gives him the same spiel, Finn to Finn.
-Geno reups with the Pens for relative peanuts in order to get a couple of more kicks at the can. He mentors Barkov, one giant playmaker to another.

I recognize this is a fever dream and all part of the "we're going to suck in 5 years" coping process, but...

(cue rockin guitar solo)

tenor.gif

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Agreed, but (not to hijack the thread) but I did have a very interesting thought the other day

-Geno's contract is up in 2 years. Barkov is a UFA the same summer.
-Florida continues to be mired in mediocrity, Barkov waits on an extension and decides it's time to win some hardware.
-Geno has a quick word (in Russian, not Finnish) with Barkov, tells him to sign in Pittsburgh. Then Kapanen gives him the same spiel, Finn to Finn.
-Geno reups with the Pens for relative peanuts in order to get a couple of more kicks at the can. He mentors Barkov, one giant playmaker to another.

I recognize this is a fever dream and all part of the "we're going to suck in 5 years" coping process, but...

(cue rockin guitar solo)

tenor.gif

Even if Malkin would sign cheap we should not make that deal. Can't have two old centers in your top two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad