Proposal: Malkin and Schultz for Subban and ???

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something around Subban and Malkin certainly is intriguing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Thats going to be a hard no from the Penguins. Hard, HARD no.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What do the Preds, Pens, and rest of the league think?

No chance in hell Pitt does this and this is coming from someone who you know is a huge PK fan.

You're drastically underestimating the value of Malkin. He's arguably the best player in the world still (yes I know McDavid, Crosby and a cpl of others - but the point is when he is "on" he still has a case for #1 as he showed most of the season last year).

If Pittsburgh intends on winning another Stanley Cup in the next 1-4 years - it'll be because they have the duo of Malkin and Crosby at center. If you lose one, you give up your x-factor and at that point you may as well get rid of both and go full rebuild.

PK in Pittsburgh is very intriguing - but Malkin is untouchable. Find another trade option.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No chance in hell Pitt does this and this is coming from someone who you know is a huge PK fan.

You're drastically underestimating the value of Malkin. He's arguably the best player in the world still (yes I know McDavid, Crosby and a cpl of others - but the point is when he is "on" he still has a case for #1 as he showed most of the season last year).

If Pittsburgh intends on winning another Stanley Cup in the next 1-4 years - it'll be because they have the duo of Malkin and Crosby at center. If you lose one, you give up your x-factor and at that point you may as well get rid of both and go full rebuild.

PK in Pittsburgh is very intriguing - but Malkin is untouchable. Find another trade option.

It's just a trade thread. No need to overreact and think this happens for sure or I think the Preds or Pens need to make this deal. I made it out of curiosity and I don't think it's terrible.

If both the Pens and Preds want to shake things up, it fits IMO. Value is there but I'm not forcing you to like it. I do think it addresses each teams needs to some degree.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Why? Cause Subban sucks?

We don't need Subban when we already have Letang. An extended Josi would make more sense, but I doubt Preds fans want to start that conversation.

Either way, if the Pens are moving a F for a D, it's not going to be Malkin.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Until respectable sources in the media suggest it could end otherwise, Malkin's a one club man in the NHL and there's no reasonable trade discussion to be had.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Until respectable sources in the media suggest it could end otherwise, Malkin's a one club man in the NHL and there's no reasonable trade discussion to be had.

I guess that means 99% of the trade threads on HF boards can't be talked about then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad