Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
tuckerdomi said:
I thought Manny was going to be a great player in the NHL,,,hes still young but I beleive hes got nothin, 4th liner for life

turn off your PS2 and watch a hockey game. I'm far from a BJ's fan, but he was one of their best players, from the day he arrived. Usually on the second line.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
haha wow the Blue Jackets there loaded with talent, got 12 goals last year with loads of ice, he was 7th overall in 1998, hes now on this 3rd NHL team and hes born in 1980, tells yaah how much faith teams have in this 4th liner eh budddday.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids is Dion Phaneuf? Dude, I love you!!1oenenoeneo!1

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
I thought Malhotra had turned things around in Columbus. He's never gonna be a 1st or 2nd line centre on a good team. But he's one hell of checking centre and an awesome PK. Without the scoring touch, I feel he's a poor mans Mike Peca. :)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
flyers guy said:

He's making a point on how teams give up on players too early sometimes, and Malhotra is showing signs that he can be one of those forgotten guys who shines through.

Reilly311

kmad said:
Markus Naslund was traded for even less - Alek Stojanov.

Stojanov is worth at least $1.50 (US) and Draper gave Mike Illitch a dollar after they won the cup in 97.

Wasn't Larry Murphy just given away in 97 as well?

Reilly311

CanoeRider said:
The Leafs gave up on him for like an 8th rounder or something ludicrous like that. Went on to give Detroit some good years and two stanley cups

"Toronto general manager Cliff Fletcher found a home for Murphy in Detroit. The Leafs received future considerations while the Red Wings got the missing piece of a Stanley Cup puzzle 42 years in the making.."

did the Leafs ever get those future considerations?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He was rushed to the NHL by NYR, then Dallas didn't have enough ice time for him and then no roster spot for him and then he ended up with a good team for him where he can be a great 3rd line center.

He will be Columbus' checking line center for 10 years.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
He will be Columbus' checking line center for 10 years.

I agree !! He's an awesome checking centre. Columbus has got pretty good 1 - 4 depth down the middle.

Cassels
Marchant
Malhotra
Svitov

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Zoo said:
I agree !! He's an awesome checking centre. Columbus has got pretty good 1 - 4 depth down the middle.

Cassels
Marchant
Malhotra
Svitov
I see good depth but I don't see a first line centre. I see a 2nd line centre and three grinders. Malholtra is at a turning point in his career. If he can build off his performance with the BJ's last season, he could become a very solid checking line centre.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Zoo said:

Cassels
Marchant
Malhotra
Svitov

Long term picture they still need to draft a number 1 center.

Fritsche and Svitov look like they will be second line centers.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
malhotra did have problems in new york with consistancy sometimes...but he was put into a weird situation in a lot of ways. he got hyped up, and then knocked down, played on a top line for awhile and then demoted to the 3rd or 4th...like i said, i don't think he was very consistant himself but the rangers probably didn't help out a whole lot either. he's a fast skater, can throw hits and drop the gloves sometimes...but he's not much for scoring

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Manny was a fantastic pickup for the Jackets last year. He's never going to be a big-time scorer, but will be a solid 3rd-liner who can chip in 15-20 goals for years. As a CBJ fan, I'll gladly keep him.

X0ssbar

McDonald19 said:

Agreed - that is definitely one of the holes we need to fill. Crosby/Brule anyone ;)

I was also one of the ones who was pleasantly surprised with the Malhotra pickup. When the guy wants to play he can really make a difference out there, finishing his checks, scoring and he moves really well for his size. The only problem I saw was he did take some games off so to speak so he still needs to work on his consitancy and he'll be given every opportunity to improve that in Columbus.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Most people in this thread have hit the nail on the head with Malhotra.

He was rushed to the NHL (much like Rico Fata), and much like Fata, he was expected to produce at the NHL level right away.

Both have found homes, with Rico already establishing himself as an NHL player, where as Malhotra is another solid year away from establishing that fact.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
McDonald19 said:

They need a playmaking center (Fristiche) to play with Nash and Zherdev.
They got a good second line for the future with Picard, Svitov and Pineault. they need to draft a #1 d-man, not a #1 center unless it´s Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->