Proposal: Malholtra to Buffalo?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Oh boy, the Malhotra hate...

Plays the worst minutes in the NHL, produces more than any other fourth liner, wins draws like no one else, amazing penalty killer, locker room leader; all despite a career-threatening injury...

"He's terrible", "Garbage", "trade for a bag of pucks"

Yeah, let's give any other bottom 6 player Malhotra's zone starts and linemates and see if he can do any better. I guarantee you he'll ask for a trade by week 2.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

Plays the worst minutes in the NHL, produces more than any other fourth liner, wins draws like no one else, amazing penalty killer, locker room leader; all despite a career-threatening injury...

Yeah, let's give any other bottom 6 player Malhotra's zone starts and linemates and see if he can do any better. I guarantee you he'll ask for a trade by week 2.

He's still a serviceable player, but at $2.5M the Canucks are paying a steep price for a 4C. He was signed to be a 3C but his on ice vision just isn't there post injury. Credit to MG for not burying him or buying him out since the injury wasn't his fault, but I don't see him getting that much this summer when his contract is up.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Who would take all Malhotra's defensive zone face-offs if we dumped him for a pick? Hank? Ya right! Who's our next LHS face-off guy? Ebbett?

Malhotra isn't what he was, but he's still way more valuable to us than a pick would be.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

This. How can anyone even entertain trading a center right now ?

And even with Kesler, Malhotra is an excellent 4th line center who can slot into the 3rd if needed. With the severe lack of center depth, it's nice at least having one that HAS PLAYED IN THE NHL AT THE CENTER POSITION BEFORE !

:facepalm:

Everyone always seems to think replacement players are just growing on trees. Buy-out ballard, give malhotra away, **** Raymond ... ... No one should be allowed to state they'd like a player gone without posing the replacement. Because there's not much in our system for these guys. Maybe Ballard next season and that's about it.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
There is great interest in dealing him in fact I'll pack his bags and pay his first week of rent in Buffalo myself. He simply isn't good anymore, Konopka is just as effective at the 4th line faceoff role for 1/3 the price and he fights 20 times per year.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
Unles Buffalo is horrendous at faceoffs and PKs. You do not want Malhotra.

Well, to be fair, Hodgson was something like 5/17 and Ennis was 2/12 against Toronto (I don't recall the exact stats). It's a shame that Malhotra's play has fallen. He is a bit expensive for a 4th liner. Obviously, it's two games but the team definitely has unproven commodities at the dot at this point. I'm sure a Malhotra like player for a rental for a playoff run (if we get in) would not be a horrible idea.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...ll&sort=faceOffWinPercentage&viewName=summary

craigcaulks*

Well, to be fair, Hodgson was something like 5/17 and Ennis was 2/12 against Toronto (I don't recall the exact stats). It's a shame that Malhotra's play has fallen. He is a bit expensive for a 4th liner. Obviously, it's two games but the team definitely has unproven commodities at the dot at this point. I'm sure a Malhotra like player for a rental for a playoff run (if we get in) would not be a horrible idea.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...ll&sort=faceOffWinPercentage&viewName=summary

I figured Buffalo was just trying to boost Bozak's value.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
He's still a serviceable player, but at $2.5M the Canucks are paying a steep price for a 4C. He was signed to be a 3C but his on ice vision just isn't there post injury. Credit to MG for not burying him or buying him out since the injury wasn't his fault, but I don't see him getting that much this summer when his contract is up.

There's no doubt his $$ demand will be far lower, if we can keep him for 1 year, $1.5M that would be good. I think other teams will throw 2-3 year deals at him, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad