Making helmet smaller

Puckboy

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
My son wants to learn to skate. The problem is I want him to have a helmet with a cage. I bought him the smallest I could find and it does not fit him. Has anyone added padding to the helmet to make it fit tighter. Thanks

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
how much too small? IF you think 1/8Inch on each side of the head and at the front would help, check out www.maltesehockey.com for their V2 SPS gel system. Its about 65 US dollars. The gell parts can be placed on top of the existing foams and will eliminate sweat running into his eyes, keep his head cooler, add a SIGNIFICANT level of protection and can be removed and added to his future helmets. I have had my set for about 4 years and my sons had his for almost the same length of time. They still look like new....

As far as from top of head to chin....take a small/medium towel and roll it into a tube. Secure with a few cross stitches here and there so it wont unroll. Now take that and curve the ends together to form a DONUT. A few more hand stitched cross stitches to hold it together. Place that on the top of the little guys head and then place the helmet on. He will have all the needed protection front to back with out the thing flopping around on his head.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
and the fact that drilling holes in any shell after market is risky and voids any certification. I know Bauer sells a youth model that fit my little guy at age 4.5 and fit till he was almost 9.

gator4.jpg

tryout05.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->