Making a Onepiece stick to a 2piece?

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Hello.

I was wondering making my onepiece X-60 into a twopiece, because the blade is broken, but also for testing new patterns. I've never tried doing this before, and I'm wondering if it's worth it? If it's gonna work, how will it perform compared to a ordinary twopiece?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hello.

I was wondering making my onepiece X-60 into a twopiece, because the blade is broken, but also for testing new patterns. I've never tried doing this before, and I'm wondering if it's worth it? If it's gonna work, how will it perform compared to a ordinary twopiece?
Easier with some sticks than others. Many "one piece" sticks are actually just 2 piece sticks that come glued together by the manufacturer, with those it's relatively easy to remove the blade and stick a new one in. But the x60 is a true one piece with a pretty tapered shaft, you could try screwing around with it, cutting at just the right point and putting in a tapered blade, but chances are you're gonna have to use the stick upside down and put a standard blade in what is normally the butt end. It won't have the low kick point it had before, but should still perform decently.

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
ofcourse it's worth it and it will work. get a tapered blade and start cutting the shaft, cut it a bit at a time till the hosel fits the opening. some issues you might run in to are, the taper of the shaft is elliptical and you'll need to cut too much shaft to actually have a good performing shaft, or you cut too much shaft and the blade is really loose in the shaft, when that happens you can put tape around the blade hosel for better fit, and ofcourse after cutting the stick is now too short, if that happens you need a end plug to extend the shaft. as for performance, a lot of ops are actually shaft and blade fused together so it would be similar after conversion but i sure a highend stick like the x60 after conversion wouldn't perform as well as the ops. good luck and hopefully it'll work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad