Make your own Spin-offs, Sequels, Prequels

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm going to go all Star Trek nerd here and it's impossible because a lot of the actors are much older or in some cases passed away.

Star Trek post Motion Picutre-pre Wrath of Khan. Because ten years passed in real life from the time TOS ended until the first film (and in storyline it was only two) they flipped it in Wrath Of Khan (which is real life was only two) and set that movie like thirteen years after The Motion Picture. It would've been cool to do a show focused on Spock becoming a the Captain (instead of Kirk) and transitioning the ship to its training status and why Chekov is the only one who decided to leave and take a post on the Reliant.

Star Trek TNG: Post Stargazer pre Enterprise-D. Picard apparently took like a decade off after he lost the Stargazer and did a lot of archaeological exploration. That could be a potentially fun show, kinda like young India Jones.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If you can make a Spin-offs, Sequels, Prequels from some TV shows or Movies. What would it be?

My pick is Breaking Bad. The birth of Gustavo "Gus" Fring

I have a feeling BCS will relay into a show about Gus Fring. I.e once they decide to finish BCS, they'll do one about him. Maybe one about Ehrmantrout when he was a Philly Cop.

I'd like a GOTG prequel about Yondu/Starlord. Basically from when Yondu became a ravenger, to when he took Quill to shortly before the first movie. That way you can see their relationship and have more arrow shenanigans.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
terminator - spinoff: mistakenly he gets send back in a wrong timeline... now he has to burn his time or build a time machine while helping out in some medieval war

king of queens - new seasons: only if the majority of the old cast are in.

game of thrones - spinoff/prequel: following a smaller house, might as well be in another timeline.

dr. house - new seasons

master and commander: a second movie or a series

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
when I read about the Sopranos prequel a week or so ago, which will be about Tony's Dad and Junior Soprano in the 60's, I immediately thought that I'd be much more interested in a prequel that was about young Tony and his boys in their early 20s coming up and forming their own crews and getting made, etc. in the early 80's.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Age of Apocalypse like the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

End the next X-Men movie with them going back in time and Xavier is killed before forming the first class.

Then movie 1, everyone gets together and each team gets their mission. Do one movie for each separate title in the franchise, like a Nate Gray movie, Gambit and the X-Ternals, etc. Then a two part movie closing everything up, resetting the timeline.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I would love to see a prequel to Unforgiven with Ned and an unrepentant Will Munny.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Maybe one about Ehrmantrout when he was a Philly Cop.

That would be tough. The actor is already 70 years old. Also for the BCS it is hard to doable, because he should be about 8 years younger as he was in Breaking bad. And to push the time even further into past... And other actor wouldnt be the Ehrmantrout as we know him.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The Verse

Follow Kaylee and Inara around the universe as they play bounty hunter /private investigator. Learn what life is like in 'The Verse' after the events of Serenity in this thrilling off-shoot of Firefly. Watch as they encounter dangerous worlds and people as well as meet up with some new friends while living their new lives fighting together for survival and justice.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
A Walking Dead spinoff where they actually explore how the government (and the eventual government remnant) dealt with the apocalypse. A Person of Interest sequel set 50 years would be interesting as well, though probably too expensive for anyone but Netflix to do.

I have a feeling BCS will relay into a show about Gus Fring. I.e once they decide to finish BCS, they'll do one about him. Maybe one about Ehrmantrout when he was a Philly Cop.

I'd like a GOTG prequel about Yondu/Starlord. Basically from when Yondu became a ravenger, to when he took Quill to shortly before the first movie. That way you can see their relationship and have more arrow shenanigans.

I don't think AMC is going to do a show where the majority of speaking is in Spanish, which I think would be necessary for a Fring prequel (at least, I wouldn't want to watch it if it wasn't). In any event, both a Fring and Ehrmantraut prequel would require a recasting (Giancarlo Esposito turns 60 this year, and Jonathan Banks is already too old for BCS).

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Age of Apocalypse like the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

End the next X-Men movie with them going back in time and Xavier is killed before forming the first class.

Then movie 1, everyone gets together and each team gets their mission. Do one movie for each separate title in the franchise, like a Nate Gray movie, Gambit and the X-Ternals, etc. Then a two part movie closing everything up, resetting the timeline.

I was so pissed when it was announced they're doing a Dark Phoenix movie again. Was fully expecting Mr. Sinister to be the "1990s" villain.

Since they gave the Dark Phoenix thing a reboot, they should do the same for Apocalypse and take it in a different direction. That movie was pretty bad.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Sons of Anarchy prequel focusing on The First 9.

I know it doesn't ask for this, but I'd love a Sliders re-boot series

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Babylon 5, but set just before the EA's entrance into the Dilgar war. Earth's culture could be further explored, and we could learn more about the Psi-Corp and Mars.

The show/series could end with the foreboding of the disastrous Earth-Minbari war.

This solves the problem of half the cast being to old or dead, and it doesen't destroy any pre-established lore.

Win win

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
The Verse

Follow Kaylee and Inara around the universe as they play bounty hunter /private investigator. Learn what life is like in 'The Verse' after the events of Serenity in this thrilling off-shoot of Firefly. Watch as they encounter dangerous worlds and people as well as meet up with some new friends while living their new lives fighting together for survival and justice.

this post hurts my heart =[

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Blade Runner prequel where we follow Roy Batty from incept date to bloody mutiny. Want to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate.

Also want to find out just who the hell it is we're attacking off the shoulder of Orion, and what we're firing C-beams at near the Tenhauser gate. C'mon, that's massive.

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal

Jonathan Banks is too old to play Ehrmantrout from the past. Birth of Gustavo Fring would be amazing.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Scrap Alien:Covenant and make a better origin story for the xenomorph

Freddy Krugers origin story, at the end he becomes Freddy

Professor Moriarty origin story and how he crimes the criminal ranks would be cool too

Reactions: Nizdizzle

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
A sequel to Breaking Bad (but we should wait 10-15 years). Walter will be not dead, but in jail. After some years, he will be free. Will come out, search for his old buddy, to make some noise again. And there could be also his little doughter (then 16 years old) involved. As a distributor between friends.

From another show. Why in the hell there wasn't an episode, where Al Bundy was a football coach?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Blade Runner prequel where we follow Roy Batty from incept date to bloody mutiny. Want to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate.

Also want to find out just who the hell it is we're attacking off the shoulder of Orion, and what we're firing C-beams at near the Tenhauser gate. C'mon, that's massive.

Wow I actually came here to say this, got me beat.

I'll add to this. I'd like a prequel/sequel set in between BR and BR2049 that expands upon the animated films and shorts they released about what happens during that time period (blackout, rise of Wallace, etc.). A sequel to BR2049 would be great as well dealing with the fallout of the events of that film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad