Speculation: Make Your FINAL Predictions

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Jackets point total: 58

Jackets place in the standings (conf & overall): 4th div, 8th conf, 14th overall

Jackets leader goals: Umberger, 15+

Jackets leader assists: Brassard, close to 20

Jackets leader total points: No clue, but it'll be in the 35-45 range and won't be either individual goals/assists leader. For kicks and giggles go with Anisimov :)

What say you?: Remember Team USA's blueline at the WJC? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Welcome back!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I think the best the Jackets will do is finish 10th in the West.... probably more like 14th.. as for points and goal scoring I expect the new Ranger guys to lead the team in scoring.. I also expect Johansen to do well if Richardson stops messing around with him and puts him on the top two lines where he belongs..

In the end the guys with the most points will probably be the ones who are allowed to have the most ice time... you pick. (forwards)

I will say this, I like the defense... they will score and they will surprise many teams.. There is a chance the Jackets will make the playoffs if Bobrovsky excels and Mason gets his head screwed on right but only a slim chance..

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think the best the Jackets will do is finish 10th in the West.... probably more like 14th.. as for points and goal scoring I expect the new Ranger guys to lead the team in scoring.. I also expect Johansen to do well if Richardson stops messing around with him and puts him on the top two lines where he belongs..

Luke is back? :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In looking at the schedule for the remaining games, I see two "sure" wins, against Colorado & Dallas. Other than that I could see all losses based on who's hot, who's good, who's away. Let's take another stab at how many points we wind up with.

I said 47 at the beginning, I'm downgrading to 44. A 3-7-3 finish.

Which sad to say won't make the playoffs nor do I think it will help our current 12th pick. Best i see is moving up to 10th or maybe 9th if three teams finish real strong.

Last edited:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Wings fan here in peace
I don't know if this is the right thread for this but, I just wanted to say I'm happy for you Jackets fans that your team has picked up its game recently and are looking towards a playoff spot if this continue on this path.
I'm only 20 so I have no idea what it is like to cheer for a hockey team not successful, not bragging but pointing out respect for sticking with them through all the tough times. and the jokes at your teams and sometimes your expense. I can get that as a Lions fan, that hope of next year (Come on Reggie Bush!:laugh:)
anyway I hope you guys have continued success this year and in the future in your new division, conference, or whatever.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
As of today...

I say 11th seed for the CBJ which is much better than the 14th seed I predicted before the season started...

Richards gets another season imo...

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
As of today I say a 4-7-1 finish to the season, which places us 12th in the West with 46 points and unfortunately out of the playoffs. However, a lot of this is dependent on what happens at the trade deadline.

Paisano*

Kind of amusing to see the Jackets have already passed most of the point total predictions in this thread, (26 pts Lee?? Really?)
That prediction in post #18 might be right on the money!! :naughty:

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Jackets point total: 58

Jackets place in the standings (conf & overall): 4th div, 8th conf, 14th overall

Jackets leader goals: Umberger, 15+

Jackets leader assists: Brassard, close to 20

Jackets leader total points: No clue, but it'll be in the 35-45 range and won't be either individual goals/assists leader. For kicks and giggles go with Anisimov :)

What say you?: Remember Team USA's blueline at the WJC? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

There's still time I guess....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's still time I guess....
I figured Umby would step back up and Prospal would slow back down. :dunno: He is, at least, still in the top-6 in goals scored on this team (albeit at the bottom of same :( ).

Also, who saw the Gaborik trade coming? ;)

Sadly, now even if we win out we'll be a point short of my predicted point total. Too big a hole was dug early on. Then again, I was assuming more points needed for 8th than would seem to be necessary, so it's all good. :D

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I figured Umby would step back up and Prospal would slow back down. :dunno: He is, at least, still in the top-6 in goals scored on this team (albeit at the bottom of same :( ).

Also, who saw the Gaborik trade coming? ;)

Sadly, now even if we win out we'll be a point short of my predicted point total. Too big a hole was dug early on. Then again, I was assuming more points needed for 8th than would seem to be necessary, so it's all good. :D

Definitely were close to the mark on team pts.

Just giving you crap about Umby. It's all good.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
CIP (Coming in peace) :)

Like a lot of people, I'm rooting for you guys...
I just looked at your remaining schedule...YIKES!

I wish you guys lots of luck!!!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Kind of amusing to see the Jackets have already passed most of the point total predictions in this thread, (26 pts Lee?? Really?)
That prediction in post #18 might be right on the money!! :naughty:

Actually, I recall a conversation with a buddy of mine prior to the start of the season. That Ohio guy that makes all the computer predictions of pro sports teams had the CBJ finishing with 27 points, I believe my buddy told me. Apparently this guys computer models are usually pretty close to being right.

So, at that time, maybe Lee's 26 really wasn't that outrageous.

bizzz*

Wow... Some people were just 1 Jackets win or 1 Rags loss from eating a shoe... ("sad smile") Enjoy your power, that's really laughable.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not too many great predictions but a few worth a plug

Paisano had the Jackets finishing with 56 pts. Too bad he wasn't right on the nose. Viqsi had 58 for 2nd closest.

No one had Letestu as the goal leader, Dubi as the assists guy or Vinnie as the total pts.

As a matter of fact most of us were way off because many of the leaders were guys named Tyutin, Letestu, Dubi & Vinny.

The all ye of little faith award goes to Lee who had the Jackets at 26 pts.

Mayor had 6 guys with 12 goals, we had 3.

Viqsi had Umberger with 15 goals and the team lead- he didn't have that many.

I doubted to the very end and even a second guess prior to the last 10 or so didn't help.

Hopefully we'll all do better next year.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Most of my slim playoff suggestion was based on Bob which came close to coming true.. I also liked the Ranger guys, funny how no one mentioned Gaborik... :)

I never thought Calvert and Atkinson would have the impact they did, nor the relentless checking and puck possession leadership Richards gave us...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad