Value of: Make your best offer for Auston Matthews

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If you can’t discern the value of a 1 game sample size versus a sample size of 70 and 52 that’s your problem.

*Shrug* it's the same argument of Leafs making playoffs but never winning a round, is equal to being cup favourites.

Leafs fans can use small sample sizes to skew argumends, but other fans can't?

I guess Toronto really is the centre of the universe, the gravitational pull can skew things, but people that are not near there, can't.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
*Shrug* it's the same argument of Leafs making playoffs but never winning a round, is equal to being cup favourites.

Leafs fans can use small sample sizes to skew argumends, but other fans can't?

I guess Toronto really is the centre of the universe, the gravitational pull can skew things, but people that are not near there, can't.
....How does this have anything to do with my post? I speak for myself, not the idea of Leafs fans you've created in your mind. Seems like you just wanted an avenue to complain about the leafs lmao

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Of course there’s no way you could know that as you aren’t the gm of either team.
Yes, of course. None of us are GMs. It is impossible for any of us ( unless in the unlikely case that the GMs are posting) to actually know.) That is fact.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
As a Leafs fan, HELLLLLLLL NO to trading Matthews. I think it'd be a good idea to trade one of Marner or JT (if he would waive his NMC), but Matthews, no f***ing way.

Reactions: ParrosIsGreater

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Because Marner gets paid just under $11m, I forget that Matthews gets paid almost double MacKinnon and $3m more than Draisaitl.
Yeah, unfortunately for the leafs Matthews displayed generational talents from day one and didn’t take a few bad seasons to get his game together.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Yeah, unfortunately for the leafs Matthews displayed generational talents from day one and didn’t take a few bad seasons to get his game together.
Yes. You're right. This was massively unfortante for the leafs.

The team accomplished NOTHING during Matthews cheap elc years. But because he was better than other teams stars in their teenage years while all their teams sucked, the leafs now have to pay way WAY more money for Matthews than other teams do for comparable/superior players.

It's absolute worse case scenario.

Typical leaf horseshit luck.

That being said, Matthews aav deserved to be in between Eichel and McDavid's contracts at EIGHT YEARS, not five.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shit you can have anyone on the Ducks roster for Matthews.

How about
Gibson + one of Zegras/Drysdale + any other piece on the roster/in the system?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Once the cap hits about $92M the big 4 contacts will start looking good. That will put Matthews at about the same % of the cap as Ovi when he won.

Matthews isn't going anywhere for his whole contract. That will also be the same window Dubas has to figure it out. If not he will get the special "nice knowing ya loser" MLSE gives to all their discarded employees. Just like Kadri, Andersson, and Babcock MLSE will sick the media dogs they own after him. Remember how Babcock was a super genius head coach and the best in the world for winning gold medals with a team and coaching staff I could have been the head coach of and won? Then on his way out all the same media turned on him and were suddenly upset over how he treated players in Detroit, none of which was new information and how suddenly mean he was to little Mitch? This is your future Dubas. Those big 4 contracts that the MLSE owned media supported and helped convince Leafs Nation were good will suddenly become the worst contracts in the world in every article out of the GTA and Dubas will be run out of town.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Once the cap hits about $92M the big 4 contacts will start looking good. That will put Matthews at about the same % of the cap as Ovi when he won.

Matthews isn't going anywhere for his whole contract. That will also be the same window Dubas has to figure it out. If not he will get the special "nice knowing ya loser" MLSE gives to all their discarded employees. Just like Kadri, Andersson, and Babcock MLSE will sick the media dogs they own after him. Remember how Babcock was a super genius head coach and the best in the world for winning gold medals with a team and coaching staff I could have been the head coach of and won? Then on his way out all the same media turned on him and were suddenly upset over how he treated players in Detroit, none of which was new information and how suddenly mean he was to little Mitch? This is your future Dubas. Those big 4 contracts that the MLSE owned media supported and helped convince Leafs Nation were good will suddenly become the worst contracts in the world in every article out of the GTA and Dubas will be run out of town.

And when is that? Matthews has 3yrs left til UFA. Do you expect the cap to go up 10M now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad