Post-Game Talk: Make Edmonton Great Again (MEGA)

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Our cap isnt bad. If Sekera stays on LTIR, we sign Silverberg, resign Koskinen + Talbot and other RFAs, dont resign Rieder, this is our team next year.

upload_2019-1-9_11-4-9.png

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Our cap isnt bad. If Sekera stays on LTIR, we sign Silverberg, resign Koskinen + Talbot and other RFAs, dont resign Rieder, this is our team next year.

View attachment 173709

I don't think Sekera is staying on the LTIR unless he's tearing his achilles again in the summer some how.

He'll be back playing for the Oilers probably around mid-late Feb of this season. And he'll probably suck, unfortunately.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

space321

May 11, 2011
people are feeling bad for lucic now? ewww f*** off

remember how the guy quit on the team last week? yah and scores like 1 goal every 40 games? nobody should be feeling sorry for that guy, i want him off the team asap and the team will be better because of it.

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Who thought we'd beat Sharks in the tank when they are currently firing on all cylinders and with two D who (if they both keep playing as over the last month) could very well end up 1st and 2nd in Norris voting?... They dominated Tampa almost to the same extent as us little less than a week ago...

I had a slim hope, and it would have been great to edge out a win or at least steal a point, but this was as close to a sure loss as can be.

Now things get more interesting: FLA, ARI, BUF, ARI, CGY (Klefbom back), CAR and DET. That's from now to the all-star break. Crucial stretch of games if the team will want to have anything to do with the playoffs this season.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Who thought we'd beat Sharks in the tank when they are currently firing on all cylinders and with two D who (if they both keep playing as over the last month) could very well end up 1st and 2nd in Norris voting?... They dominated Tampa almost to the same extent as us little less than a week ago...

I had a slim hope, and it would have been great to edge out a win or at least steal a point, but this was as close to a sure loss as can be.

Now things get more interesting: FLA, ARI, BUF, ARI, CGY (Klefbom back), CAR and DET. That's from now to the all-star break. Crucial stretch of games if the team will want to have anything to do with the playoffs this season.
Yup. I actually still think we've got a good shot at the playoffs, through a wild card spot (Oilers 'Lames in the 1st round :nod:). It all telies on the stretch from here to the All-Star break though, as you mentioned. 7 games, all beatable. Calgary's the only good team out of those, and we always do well against them.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Yup. I actually still think we've got a good shot at the playoffs, through a wild card spot (Oilers 'Lames in the 1st round :nod:). It all telies on the stretch from here to the All-Star break though, as you mentioned. 7 games, all beatable. Calgary's the only good team out of those, and we always do well against them.
I am hoping for at least 5 wins. That should be doable, and honestly if it is not then they don't really deserve it anyway.

5 wins, get Zuke and Maroon during the break and make a run for it! One can dream :)

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
We have a reasonably easy 7 games before the break with Florida, Arizona, Buffalo, Van, Calgary, Carolina and Detroit. If we can get 5 or even 4 wins there we’ll still be in a good spot after the break to close out the season with our full D corps back.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
There are no ‘easy’ games for this roster. Other teams, even bad ones, look at the schedule and see the Oilers coming up and they circle it as an easy game.

sad part is, management, the players themselves and even the media have been talking about having to "be tougher to play against". That was like a decade ago. Fast forward and nothing has changed. lol. that's so depressing, man.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just got off the plane 9 time zones away and see we lost 7-2. I predicted a 6-1 loss so I wasn’t too far off. Didn’t think we could hold a candle to a hot Sharks team. Shitty internet in the cafe I’m in so I can’t look nothing up. Did I miss anything other than a Lucic goal and did Karlsson get 7 points?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
sad part is, management, the players themselves and even the media have been talking about having to "be tougher to play against". That was like a decade ago. Fast forward and nothing has changed. lol. that's so depressing, man.

Groundhog Decade.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
We have a reasonably easy 7 games before the break with Florida, Arizona, Buffalo, Van, Calgary, Carolina and Detroit. If we can get 5 or even 4 wins there we’ll still be in a good spot after the break to close out the season with our full D corps back.
I agree.

Most fans give up easier than the players they are complaining about. This was a terrible game, but no idea how you rebound from all those flukey goals, hard to get back on track after each one.

Reactions: LaGu

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This organization is just painful to follow. It's like re-watching a car crash in slow motion over and over, year after year. Not enough, nor the right adjustments have been made in upper management since Katz bought this team. They're trying to make something work with the same broken parts (in management) season after season. That's the definition of insanity.

Best for your mental health to keep a safe distance from this burning pile of manure; this team (the management and owner) only seem to care for one thing: more cash. I'm not saying that to bash making money, as of course that's fine. But whatever your job is you still have responsibilities to other people, and that's even more the case when it's a sports franchise, where fans tend to feel a small sense of ownership (rightly or wrongly, not debating that). Taking that burden is part of the deal for taking the job. Upper management still refuses to do the right thing after all these years. The level of incompetence and cronyism is simply astonishing. This is like 1940s mafia level stuff; it's hard to get away with what they're doing these days. But the fans refuse to take any real stand, and the media is either owned/controlled by the org, or just plain cowards.

Doubt anything changes anytime soon, aside from maybe Chia being fired. I now think that wont happen until the end of the season at the latest. They don't have a clue what they're doing; they never have, that should be obvious by now, so expect more of the same incompetence until there are massive changes made, if it ever even happens.

Reactions: Aerrol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
There are no ‘easy’ games for this roster. Other teams, even bad ones, look at the schedule and see the Oilers coming up and they circle it as an easy game.
Spot on, that is why these next games will be defining in my opinion, if they want to play post-regular-season they better snap out of this crappy mentality (which has been evident this season, but honestly also happened quite a bit in 16/17, even though that time it worked out in the end) and give it a 100% every single game. Doesn't matter if it's vs Florida or Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad