Post-Game Talk: Make Edmonton Great Again (MEGA)

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
The Strome trade was dumb but doing it before they brought in Hitchcock just makes it bizarre.

Then trading for Manning just blew me away. He’s not an nhl player clearly. Not to mention the captain of the team and best player in the nhl has a hatred for? You honestly can’t make it up. It’s like Chia knows he’s done so he’s covering the ship in gasoline

Reactions: TB12 and ujju2

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I agree - over time I have grown to forget about the contract and put the blame on Chia for offering that type of money.

I actually want to see Lucic do well - seems like he still cares a lot but his skill set/speed just isn’t there anymore to help him dominate in today’s game.

As much as people harp on Lucic... I know the majority of Oiler fans.. deep down.. are cheering for him and want him to succeed. Like when he shows effort and dishes out his big bodychecks, the fans at Rogers always scream his name. And it seems like the whole team was really happy to see him score as well. Hopefully with this ape off his back, he can contribute with a few more goals here. Dude can still be quite effective in today's game. It's just too bad we don't see more out of him most nights. But no lies about it, his contract is really hurting this team. He's facing the same kind of backlash that Horcoff had to deal with with his contract here.

Reactions: Magnum23 and ujju2

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
And take on more cap. Our cap is in a worse position, we sent away 2 picks and the team is worse after all the trades than before.

It has to be intentional right?

the only explanation i have is that he's trying to give himself more trade options or something.....which is terrifying and the guys he picked up look immovable.

maybe it's easier to trade a guy like strome who was struggling and starting to get that lucic scoreless drought stink and hope a move rejuvenates both players......but still he was playing well imo. I said at the time he was not a guy I'd move and you needed to add to Strome not move him for a project.

Maybe Chia is eying the Seattle draft party job. Looks like fun.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well... benefit of the doubt though... if Manning and Petrovic would have both been in the game for a full 60 minutes, the score might not have ended up 7-2.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Imagine when our first line wingers Kass and jj have an off night and this is what we get .
Omg I want to puke for even saying that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How many times is that now where Talbot has followed up a shut out with being pulled? Like 4 or 5 times since he's been on this team. Has zero mental stamina. Not that this game is on Talbot or Kosko, we were just outclassed by a better team as usual. The weakness of Chia's built defence is really shining through now with Klefbom out. Of course this was all predictable, our mediocre to average defence for the last 3 years was not improved 1 bit by Chia. The reason we floundered last year was, injuries crippling an already mediocre defence, is the same reason it's happening now. Ahh remember when Bobby Nicks said we needed to add some quality D-men in the off-season, remember how none of that happened?

Then there's the shit poor offensive system. It was poor under Tmac and it hasn't improved under Hitch. Hitch however did bring a better defensive style for a bit there, with Klefbom out we've folded back into bad habits combined with D-men that just can't handle NHL minutes.

Team sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->