Post-Game Talk: Make Edmonton Great Again (MEGA)

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Random fact: Lucic now has same # of goals as Kassian, Rattie,JJ and spooner lol

Is the fan base too tough on him hahaha

Now remember what he was signed for. He has the same amount of goals as Zach Kassian and Ty Rattie. You know, those two guys we picked up for free

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Manning apparently gave Chia a great back massage after the 1st. Now we know why he coveted him so hard for the last two years.
I don't get why we traded depth scoring for a guy were healthy scratching...who costs more money...and is signed longer than this season

Reactions: TB12

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I think spooner deserves more f

I think Spooner deserves more crap. He is bad and we have to pay him 3 MILLION.

next year too...

I have a bad feeling that Chia got the trash Spooner and Manning contracts as insurance to screw over whoever replaces him. Those are terrible deals, basically we paid to take cap dumps from other teams. Completely useless players signed for 19/20 at big money.

Reactions: Bruhin and RattsSSV

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
I can't recall the last time I have felt anger watching the Oilers play. The Oilers should be counting their blessings being only 2 points out of the last wild card spot after their horrible stretch. Instead, they put up p*ss poor effort game after game as if the season is already over. You can blame the coach, the GM, the owner, or the organization, but at the end of the day the game is played by the players on the ice. The least the players can do is show any semblance of wanting to win; the entire team played like they were just there so they don't get fined. Despite what it feels like, the season is not lost yet. With the Ducks, Avs, and Wild struggling, the last two wild card spots are still up for grabs. I just hope that the team realizes this too.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
giphy (17).gif

Business like usual for Katz and the boys

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I have no confidence in Daryl Katz and his decision making. Knowing him, he has that big red headed clown who we see every fricking draft on stage waiting in the wings to take over this team. That's how bent of an owner he really is.
:lol: this is some funny ass shit. Lol. So true though

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
I have to ask. Say we get 4 of those games solid goaltending. Do you believe we’re a playoff team.

Maybe I’m in the minority’s here, but I’d rather suck again then stumble into the playoffs (which would be a miracle). Only to get demolished in the first round when a team shuts down the only two guys on this team that drive offence

I don't believe we are anywhere near having the pieces to compete. Saying that, I'm afraid of more dumb trades coming where we waste assets on bringing in people who cannot possibly fix this.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
It was sad. I thought the team was going to come out flying after that. They did not evidently. This “play for each other” is bull**** because they never do.

Say what you want about the Ben Scrivens era. Those guys played for each other. Not their fault the coaching was that of a timbits lebel

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I don't get why we traded depth scoring for a guy were healthy scratching...who costs more money...and is signed longer than this season

It was the last straw for Chia in my books. It’s stupidity we haven’t seen since we traded a pick for the rights to Nikitin and then signed him to a big contract after he had been a HS for a good chunk of the end of the previous season.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Now remember what he was signed for. He has the same amount of goals as Zach Kassian and Ty Rattie. You know, those two guys we picked up for free

That’s true but the signing isn’t really his fault. Who says no to $$$ even if they know they don’t deserve hahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad