Post-Game Talk: Make Edmonton Great Again (MEGA)

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
It's funny they said as much on 1260 and said we can beat the bad teams, but just aren't there for the tough games. I too saw the schedule as what should be easier.

But then again we got our ass handed to us by how many crap teams lately?

Even our win in Anaheim we were out played for a lot of the game. We just had goaltending finally step up for one game.

When has it be determined that we can beat the 'bad teams'?
How did the LA game turn out?

We ARE the bad team!!!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Are you ****ing kidding me? If Oilers fans gave up Rogers would be empty every game instead of sold out. We're angry, vocal and rightfully expect the worst but don't talk **** about Oilers fans giving up. They SHOULD have given up years ago but we're still here, going to games and posting on boards beyond all logic.

Absolutely
Many of these posters have no idea how many season ticket holders, 10 game attendance participants, numerous jerseys and Oiler memorabilia that have been invested in this team SINCE ITS INCEPTION.

I feel they (we) deserve a hell of a lot better than former players, the org and other fans telling us how we complain too much or give up so easily.

We all try to stay positive and hope beyond hope that this group will succeed, KNOWING full well that it's almost impossible.
The team is absolute garbage with so many average / on the fringe of NHL / bottom wrung players. Yet there is never any change. Just shuffling.

None of the people I know have given up. Pissed off, frustrated beyond belief? Definitely. The posters here haven't given up - they've just had enough.

Who's to blame? Coach? GM? Useless Nic? Lowe? MacT? Howeson? Gretz? Katz? Not so sure I care anymore.
But this whole organization needs a severe personnel transplant. This isn't the dacde of darkness - it's an absurd amount of time to be spent without any gradual improvement. AT ALL.
No cyclical upswing, no advantage to picking first in coveted drafts, no idea how to properly nurture and ingrained a young player to acclimatize to being a professional, absolutely nothing.

I used to be so proud of this organization. This team, this city, these people did everything first class and in a respectable giving manner. They bent over backward to make anything - charity, the NHL, hardships of players (not even in thier own org sometimes), kids especially the kids, - happen. And happen to a degree that us fans were always proud of.

I haven't seen or experienced any of that since the 90s.

But I'm still here. Diehard fool like many others. And I do take exceptions to any and all shots about us fans. Probably always will.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Can't win a puck battle; always second to the puck. I don't care how much talent we have (or lack), just battle FFS!

Reactions: RegDunlop

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Oilers are buckling under pressure. They lose again big to the Sharks. Goaltending and defense might just not be talented enough to play in a defensive system. A lesser talented team is supposed to have a better chance at winning with Hitchcock's sort of defensive system. This team might not have enough talent for that.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Payback by Arizona for being beat at their home last time. Oilers are a bad team that cannot elevate themselves from other bad teams in the pack. About 12 players have to be replaced next year to have any hope.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No comments on the game last night? heh, things are officially dead when nobody even comments on it. I feel sorry for Oilers fans that paid to watch that game last night. The Oilers got a miracle last 8sec goal against Florida the game before so you just know that team remedial is going to figure they can just carbon copy that result and play like ass for 50mins. An injured and depleted Yotes team comes in here and outworks the home team and outbattles us all over the ice all game. Several Oilers with token efforts. Drai mailed this one in after the 1st period. Disgusting performance. The usual no show players were again that last night. If we didn't have Nurse lately what would we even be looking at for positives. He was again good, had little help.

We even had Darcy Joke Darcy Kuemper in net who is good for a bad GA every game he plays and he gives us one with the Russell goal where he reads the wrong play and then falls down and Russel is able to slide it into an empty net.

But heres an interesting story. Yotes with even more fill in their lineup than we have steal our lunch money repeatedly. Theres Conor Garland, a 5th round pick years ago, with only 17 career NHL games, a career NHLer, schooling us in the want category. Guy was giving all he had every minute and got two weird goals being rewarded for being the hardest working player on the ice. There he is on the winning goal winning the faceoff clean against RNH. CLEAN, theres then a shot from the point, he gets inside on Nuge easy, Nuge doesn't even attempt to box out, and the rebound goes in off his skate. But the goal occurs because the guy is working and having the presense of mind to go to the net where good things happen. He beats Nuge twice on that play, faceoff, and getting inside to the net. As if this isn't enough he beats Nuge on the very next offensive zone faceoff and the Yotes almost score the 4th goal. This is what hunger looks like.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No comments on the game last night? heh, things are officially dead when nobody even comments on it. I feel sorry for Oilers fans that paid to watch that game last night. The Oilers got a miracle last 8sec goal against Florida the game before so you just know that team remedial is going to figure they can just carbon copy that result and play like ass for 50mins. An injured and depleted Yotes team comes in here and outworks the home team and outbattles us all over the ice all game. Several Oilers with token efforts. Drai mailed this one in after the 1st period. Disgusting performance. The usual no show players were again that last night. If we didn't have Nurse lately what would we even be looking at for positives. He was again good, had little help.

We even had Darcy Joke Darcy Kuemper in net who is good for a bad GA every game he plays and he gives us one with the Russell goal where he reads the wrong play and then falls down and Russel is able to slide it into an empty net.

But heres an interesting story. Yotes with even more fill in their lineup than we have steal our lunch money repeatedly. Theres Conor Garland, a 5th round pick years ago, with only 17 career NHL games, a career NHLer, schooling us in the want category. Guy was giving all he had every minute and got two weird goals being rewarded for being the hardest working player on the ice. There he is on the winning goal winning the faceoff clean against RNH. CLEAN, theres then a shot from the point, he gets inside on Nuge easy, Nuge doesn't even attempt to box out, and the rebound goes in off his skate. But the goal occurs because the guy is working and having the presense of mind to go to the net where good things happen. He beats Nuge twice on that play, faceoff, and getting inside to the net. As if this isn't enough he beats Nuge on the very next offensive zone faceoff and the Yotes almost score the 4th goal. This is what hunger looks like.

Did you actually just criticize Draisaitl?

:eek: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad