Make a bold prediction

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Larkin will be NVP, Great season for Mantha , we will make play off second round exit . next year line up:
Mantha - Larkin -Aby
Rus-Z-Nielson
Bert-AA-Frk
Turgeon-Glany-Helm
Green, DD, Lashoff, Bouchard ( or Hughes),Hicketts, Ericsson

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This doesn't make any sense. If likely top 3 pick Zadina is there at 6, you're CHOOSING to forgo a defenseman to get a player with a better pedigree. You're not "missing out on a defenseman", you're landing a top 3 talent.
By taking the forward are you not missing out on taking a defenseman? choosing/missing out, whatever.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
By taking the forward are you not missing out on taking a defenseman? choosing/missing out, whatever.

It's semantics, yes, but missing out implies negativity and helplessness, where if Filip Zadina was there at 6, I think the Red Wings happily snap him up even with multiples of that top 4 group of D in the draft. Same as if Svechnikov somehow fell (read: he won't)

Missing out tends to imply that you didn't have a chance at them. Like the Wings missed out on Cale Makar last year, but they chose not to take Gabriel Vilardi.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's semantics, yes, but missing out implies negativity and helplessness, where if Filip Zadina was there at 6, I think the Red Wings happily snap him up even with multiples of that top 4 group of D in the draft. Same as if Svechnikov somehow fell (read: he won't)

Missing out tends to imply that you didn't have a chance at them. Like the Wings missed out on Cale Makar last year, but they chose not to take Gabriel Vilardi.
miss out Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
"to not use or to not have an opportunity to experience something good"

In this scenario, the Wings did not use the opportunity to draft a defenseman.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Thashill is fired before Thanksgiving, team is dead last in the east, 2nd to dead least in the league. Kenny has a fire sale just before new years and quits the team to take the Expansion team job. We finish dead last in the league and get the 5 th rd draft pick in 20.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Red Wings are leading the Atlantic at Christmas time, riding a hot Howard and a line of Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zetterberg is lights out good.

They tail off after, finishing 10th worst in the league.

Cholowski is a top-4 regular this year.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
We were planning to get Hughes this year just like last year Necas, wonder how will it played out
Wings first pick in 2017 (of players they thought to be available) was supposedly Lias Andersson. Their was an interview with I believe Tyler Wright who mentioned their #1 target was taken rigth ahead of them via trade, so he's the only one who fits. They did take Necas out to dinner, as well as Rasmussen and Suzuki, but at the end of the day, when all three were options, we chose Rasmussen.

I also vaguely remember reading that they took Elias Petterson out earlier, but then realized he wasn't dropping to them. Another interesting thing I noted was that the Wings never seriously interviewed Vilardi. While it's possible they thought he wouldn't be available, they still did some due diligence on Elias Pettersson, so that leads me to believe there were some concerns from the Wings Brass on him. Playing just a football throw away from LCA, you have to assume the wings saw a lot of him, and either didn't like what they saw, or didn't like how he acted.

didn't all the reports suggest we were eyeing Bouchard?

Yes, according to Khan/Custance/HSJ, though I'm sure Hughes was also a strong contingency plan. He looked very disappointed when we picked Zadina, as if he was expecting to be drafted by us. No matter, when we draft his brother next year, he can join up once he hits UFA

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I read about 5-6 different sources, at 1st they were all Bouchard, then many for Dobson, then later on Hughes (smokescreen?). Didn't Drapes or Tyler Wright even admit Bouchard was their #1 target after the draft? I'm pretty sure I read that too.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Jimmy Howard has difficulty getting a NHL contract after this season. In 2018-19 his lack of conditioning grows his injury troubles, and when he is healthy he's hardly NHL worthy. He won't return anything at the deadline, and he will never be the primary starter for an NHL team again. He will be lucky to get a backup spot on a bad team in 19-20.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Bold prediction, the Wings struggle to reach 50 points this season. Blashill gets fired and Holland stands at the podium with a senile grin on his face at the firing.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
Howard and Bernier are injured at the same time and we are forced to make an emergency FA signing or bring up a backup GR goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad