Make a BOLD prediction about this up coming season

kallor

May 15, 2015
Gagner motivated by Green's end of season veteran pep talk becomes a legit 2nd line C between Eriksson and Pettersson.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Now this is a bold prediction. A wrong one, but bold none the less
Sedins were given incredibly easy 5v5 zone stars and still bled goals against.

I honestly do think the team will be better 5v5 this year, but I expect the PP to take a step back unless Pettersson goes off this year.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
Gagner motivated by Green's end of season veteran pep talk becomes a legit 2nd line C between Eriksson and Pettersson.

Green later records that fateful pep talk, selling millions of copies, inspiring an entire generation to reach their potential, ushering in a new era of prosperity.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Tanev plays 70+ games and scores 30+ points
Horvat gets around 70 points
Boeser goes close to ppg
Pettersson 60 points and ROTY
Del Zotto is -30
Markstrom and Nilsson both shit the bed and Demko is forced into the #1 role
Gaunce scores 10 goals
Gaudette and Dahlen play most of the season in the AHL along with all our other pro prospects save Elias.
Eriksson rebounds somewhat to around 40 points

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks will be better this year without the Sedins.

Canucks forwards look okay. They'll be faster and less predictable.

I think the defense will have better longevity, not having to hold the puck while the forwards change. The breakout will be better with fleet forwards coming back further for the puck.

Goalies won't have to face a breakaway every time a Sedin pass gets intercepted. Markstrom may miss the excitement?

It's not unreasonable to suppose that a young team is better without two top minute forwards that are slow and thirty seven. Not bold at all, really.

Here's bold; Boeser wins Rocket

Markstrom wins Vezina

Canucks win conference.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Canucks forwards look okay. They'll be faster and less predictable.

I think the defense will have better longevity, not having to hold the puck while the forwards change. The breakout will be better with fleet forwards coming back further for the puck.

Goalies won't have to face a breakaway every time a Sedin pass gets intercepted. Markstrom may miss the excitement?

It's not unreasonable to suppose that a young team is better without two top minute forwards that are slow and thirty seven. Not bold at all, really.

Here's bold; Boeser wins Rocket

Markstrom wins Vezina

Canucks win conference.
Sometimes bold drifts into delusional.

Reactions: The Drop

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Demko goes from being third banana in the goaltending depth-chart to the everyday starter by Game #30.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I think the Canucks are better this year and more exciting.

Eriksson finds chemistry with Pettersson and puts up 20 goals.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The canucks will break the modern record for fewest goals scored.
Not sure why HF is so full of so called Canuck fans yet all they do is put down the team. Our top 6 of Bo Brock EP Gaudette Dahlen and Louie or Baer or not only the youngest in the NHL. But all have the potential to be 50+ point players. Not even including Jake who looks like he is going to have a breakout year.

Here are some facts I obtained through my Sister who is dating a member of the Canucks. Hughes and OJ will be on this team this year. One of the reasons it hasn't been announced yet is because of the logjam on the left side. 2 players are being actively shopped. And the Edler situation will be dealt with first. He will either be extended in the the next week, or will submit a list of teams he would accept a trade to. This doesn't mean he won't be back next year. But any club that trades for him will pay more with an extension in place. Hughes and OJ may have to start in Utica, if deals on Hutton and Zotto can't be made in time. Dido with Edler. Woo is going to get a 9 game trial unless he stinks up the pre-season.

Ans our 3rd jerseys will be a combo of the ones we wore in 2011 with the 94 logo. I saw a mockup and they are killer. They will also be green where the blue is and vice versa, with the thick stripes not the ugly thin ones we had on the previous thirds. There is also talk of Demko being the backup and either trading or waiving the giant. Who after the worlds has actually upped his stock. The last tidbit I can give you is if by some miracle WOO makes it. Tanev will be gone by the TDL. Especially if he stays healthy and can get full value.

All I can say is my sources are 100% due to the fact the guy with my sister is Married Fear is a great motivator.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
We’ll have a hot start to the season and the boards will be filled with takes on what a genius Benning is. By Christmas we’ll have slumped back down again and we’ll be out of playoff contention by March. Games will be dull, plodding, low-scoring affairs save for solid showings by the kids. Management will blame everything on injuries and talk up the need to add more depth next offseason. Attention will shift to our “impressive” prospect pool. No one will be fired. We’ll lose the draft lottery.

(Just taking a wild and crazy shot in the dark here!)
You realize the Canucks used over 50 diff players last year. They set a modern-day record for man games missed. They were also to our best players. Injuries are not an excuse when you literally have 14 players at one time that played for the Comets. and this was when BO Tanev Edler Guddy Sutter and Baer were all hurt at the same time. Please show me a team that can sustain that for weeks?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Not sure why HF is so full of so called Canuck fans yet all they do is put down the team. Our top 6 of Bo Brock EP Gaudette Dahlen and Louie or Baer or not only the youngest in the NHL. But all have the potential to be 50+ point players. Not even including Jake who looks like he is going to have a breakout year.

Here are some facts I obtained through my Sister who is dating a member of the Canucks. Hughes and OJ will be on this team this year. One of the reasons it hasn't been announced yet is because of the logjam on the left side. 2 players are being actively shopped. And the Edler situation will be dealt with first. He will either be extended in the the next week, or will submit a list of teams he would accept a trade to. This doesn't mean he won't be back next year. But any club that trades for him will pay more with an extension in place. Hughes and OJ may have to start in Utica, if deals on Hutton and Zotto can't be made in time. Dido with Edler. Woo is going to get a 9 game trial unless he stinks up the pre-season.

Ans our 3rd jerseys will be a combo of the ones we wore in 2011 with the 94 logo. I saw a mockup and they are killer. They will also be green where the blue is and vice versa, with the thick stripes not the ugly thin ones we had on the previous thirds. There is also talk of Demko being the backup and either trading or waiving the giant. Who after the worlds has actually upped his stock. The last tidbit I can give you is if by some miracle WOO makes it. Tanev will be gone by the TDL. Especially if he stays healthy and can get full value.

All I can say is my sources are 100% due to the fact the guy with my sister is Married Fear is a great motivator.

Will Dahlen have a chance to start with the team you think?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

You should apply for your Insider Status. Sounds like a goldmine of hot takes.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012

Your sister must be dating someone in management cause players aren’t going to be in on the details of contracts or trades.....certainly no reason for a management person to give out misleading info....nah that would never happen.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

EP, Gaudette, and Dahlen have played zero NHL games. Baer has never scored more than 35 points in a season. Eriksson is thoroughly on his way down while still making huge coin for the next four years. Virtanen is entering his draft +5 year and has yet to show he can consistently be a mediocre NHL player, let alone a good one. That's 6 players down from Brock and Bo. How many vets has the team got up front? How many new contracts have just been handed out? Count 'em up. See how many places will be there for the kids.

And here are some facts I obtained through transcendental meditation using only a Yanni CD and a bucket of margaritas: Hughes and OJ are going to be in very hard to make the team this season. There are currently 4 guys on the LS. Edler's the only consistently good one and it's been repeatedly reported that he refuses to waive his NTC, Pouliot just got a new contract, and that leaves Hutton and Del Zotto competing for the last spot. OJ's coming off back surgery, and he and Hughes have four vets ahead of them on LD. Granted, three were terrible last year for the most part, but that never stopped the team from playing them.

They should be a hell of a lot more worried about putting a good team in the uniforms than they are about the uniforms themselves, and while I hope Demko can lock down the net, the tire fire in front of him won't be easy to cope with.

I'm sure Benning will get as a good a return for Tanev as he did for Hamhuis, Vanek, Vrbata and Miller.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanaFan

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Boeser, Pettersson and Horvat will all have atleast 30 goals and the Canucks will still be the lowest scoring team in the leaugue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad