NHL Entry Draft: Makaveli's 2011 NHL Mock Draft

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
1. EDM - Adam Larsson: The take a long look at taking RNH, but decide to bolster their defense group with an elite talent in Larsson.

2.COL - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Colorado takes BPA here

3.FLA - Gabriel Landeskog: Florida takes the best forward available who is also one of the safer picks to make an impact in the NHL

4.ATL - Sean Couturier: I think New Jersey will try to move down to the 7 spot to take Murphy. Atlana doesnt want to miss out on one of Couturier, Huberdeau or Strome.

5.NYI - Jonathan Huberdeau: Islanders take a dynamic forward who they think will be dynamite with Tavares

6.OTT - Ryan Strome: Sens take the best forward available, and are extremely with their pick.

7.NJD - Ryan Murphy: New Jersey trades down to take the best PMD defensemen in the draft who could prove to be the steal of the draft if his game translates to the NHL.

8.CBJ - Dougie Hamilton: Blue Jackets take the best d-man available and are happy he fell to them

9.BOS - Mika Zibanejad: As much as I would hate for the Bruins to get this great prospect. The Bruins will be hard-pressed not to pick him.

10.MIN - Joel Armia: Minnesota selects Armia, hoping he develops chemistry with fellow countrymen Granlund and Koivu. Could become one of the top goal scorers of the draft.

11.COL - Duncan Siemens: After taking RNH with the first pick, they pick best d available

12.CAR - Mark McNeill: Carolina loves Marks package of size and skill and cant pass him up

13.CGY - Mark Sheifele: Flames were hoping to pick up McNeill, but are equally as happy with Sheifele and what he brings to the table.

14.DAL - Jamieson Oleksiak: Dallas loves Jamiesons size and potential and pick him up to bolster their d group.

15.NYR - Sven Bartschi: Suprised he is still on the board, the Rangers feel they have a potential steal.

16.BUF - Brandon Saad: Sabres are hoping Saad gets his development back on track. He's one of those project picks.

17.MTL - Nathan Beaulieu: Montreal takes BPA, and are pleased that Nathan fell to them

18.CHI - Tyler Biggs: Blackhawks like Biggs potential to become one of the top powerforwards in the draft, or at worst a good third liner.

19.EDM- Zack Phillips: After taking Larsson first overall, they decide to take a forward with a lot of potential

20.PHX- Ty Rattie: Coyotes like Ty's potential, and believe he is BPA

21.OTT- Nicklas Jensen:Looking to add another forward they pick up a great talent in Jensen

22.ANA- Jonas Brodin: Ducks pick up best d available

23.PIT- Rocco Grimaldi: Pens pick up the dynamic winger who will have a lot of space playing with any of Crosby, Malkin or Staal

24.DET- Dmitrij Jaskin: Detroit hopes to develop another European into a star

25.TML- Matt Puempel: Burke feels that Puempel's injury is not an issue, and is a potential steal of the first round

26.WSH- Alexander Khokhlachev: Not scared away by the Russian factor, Caps pick up the the BPA

27.TB- J.T Miller: Tampa is happy with their pick, Miller has loads of potential

28.TML- Boone Jenner: Burke loves Jenners package and cant pass him up

29.SJ- Joe Morrow: San Jose takes BPA

30.VAN- Daniel Cantenacci: Vancouver likes Cantenacci's skill level

Last edited:

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
very good mock, although i'm curious as too why EVERYONE has the sharks picking one of morrow, mayfield or musil. Seems every mock I see on here is the same in terms of SJ's pick. Truthfully I think the sharks will pick a prospect nobody thinks would have been in the first round like they did last year with coyle and have done in the past with players like mike morris and lukas kaspar

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
very good mock, although i'm curious as too why EVERYONE has the sharks picking one of morrow, mayfield or musil. Seems every mock I see on here is the same in terms of SJ's pick. Truthfully I think the sharks will pick a prospect nobody thinks would have been in the first round like they did last year with coyle and have done in the past with players like mike morris and lukas kaspar

Seems like every mock I see edmonton takes one of Landeskog, RNH or Larsson, whats up with that :laugh:

Yeah, I get that to. :nod:

gramatanboy

Aug 2, 2005
Westport
IMO one of the best thought out mock drafts that I have seen!! I could see Bartschi going a little higher 10-14 and maybe McNeil or Schiefle slightly lower but you never know. Good Job!!

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
If Atlanta can swing a trade to get no 4 pick, then they can make one more to move up one spot and get no 3. Atlanta needs a winger more than a center

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
If Atlanta can swing a trade to get no 4 pick, then they can make one more to move up one spot and get no 3. Atlanta needs a winger more than a center

Florida wouldnt move down to 7 as they are looking to select a forward and all of couturier,huberdeau,strome will most likely be gone by 7. The thrashers could take Huberdeau at 4 who projects to be a winger in the nhl. Imo Atlanta could use a center just as much as a winger.

Last edited:

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
IMO one of the best thought out mock drafts that I have seen!! I could see Bartschi going a little higher 10-14 and maybe McNeil or Schiefle slightly lower but you never know. Good Job!!
Yeah I could see Sven going 12th to Carolina with McNeill dropping down one spot and Scheifele going to NYR

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010
Sabres will be taking best CENTER available. We have excellent defensive depth and good winger depth but our center stock is bunk. So, like I said, best CENTER available or will trade up to pick one of the better available ones.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Sabres will be taking best CENTER available. We have excellent defensive depth and good winger depth but our center stock is bunk. So, like I said, best CENTER available or will trade up to pick one of the better available ones.
Imo like most teams,they will go bpa.

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010
Imo like most teams,they will go bpa.

Well, IMO, you'd be very wrong. Needs are more important than BPA unless there is a huge gap in skill between BPA and the next available guy who meets your needs. Not to mention we always see needs selected where guys get drafted early and others drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad