• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Which one would you add to your team, contracts are taken into account.

Makar contract is 9M per year and ends after 26-27.

McDavid contract is 12.5M per year and ends after 25-26.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Love Makar he's a magician on back end but hard to vote against McDavid here. McDavid is easily the best player in league and you can always move a centre over to wing to make room for McDavid. Makar though has entered the conversation for being the second most valuable player in league for myself he's amazing. I'd say they are 1-2 now for me.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Have to take Makar as an Avs fan. Losing their #1 D and PP QB would make the team worse even if it means adding McDavid.

• Haha
Reactions: Play

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid without hesitation.

I will say this though, I have Makar over Hedman now as the best D man in the game and Makar is clearly is in the conversation for the second best player in the world.

I've been a fan of his for years. I live in Calgary and watched him play in Brooks in the AJHL when the hype was first starting (and before I had kids when I could watch junior hockey regularly).

I knew he would be a dynamic player and sure firer NHLer but even this exceeds all expectations. I know some people who know his family too, comes from a good home with parents who clearly raised him the right way.

Such a dynamic player and a two way beast. I was as impressed with his play away from the puck in the series against the Oilers as I was his play with the puck. He's not an offensive D man, he's a complete two way D man.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Best player in the world vs. arguably the best D in the world.

hmmmmmmmmm.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Makar is #2 in the league imo for who you take going forward.

Based on age and potential (defensemen age better than forwards, so him over Drai/Matthews/Mack makes sense even if you think they're better than Makar today) i think he actually has a compelling case vs McDavid too.

The problem is - McDavid just had a playoff run for the ages. Its the wrong time to pass on McDavid considering how good he is.

If you try hard enough, maybe a few voters will rationalize Makar and vote for him. But to me this remains McDavid.

But if i was given the choice - i would at least pause to seriously think about it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would pay the extra money for McDavid in almost any situation, unless it's a team busting at the seams at center like maybe the Pens.

The Rangers are already stacked on D and could you imagine adding McDavid to their forward group with Zibanejad as the 2C?

Last edited:
Reactions: North Cole

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
McDavid without a lot of thought. Though teams like the Leafs and Avalanche would say Makar because they also have Matthews/Mackinnon as their Elite #1C and have a greater need for an elite #1 D than another slightly better #1C

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
McDavid without hesitation.

I will say this though, I have Makar over Hedman now as the best D man in the game and Makar is clearly is in the conversation for the second best player in the world.

I've been a fan of his for years. I live in Calgary and watched him play in Brooks in the AJHL when the hype was first starting (and before I had kids when I could watch junior hockey regularly).

I knew he would be a dynamic player and sure firer NHLer but even this exceeds all expectations. I know some people who know his family too, comes from a good home with parents who clearly raised him the right way.

Such a dynamic player and a two way beast. I was as impressed with his play away from the puck in the series against the Oilers as I was his play with the puck. He's not an offensive D man, he's a complete two way D man.
Could Edmonton be a better team if Draisaitl just moved to 1C and add a true #1 D and PP QB like Makar to the team?

The three teams that might benefit from Makar over McDavid is Toronto, Edmonton and Colorado IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: Play

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Could Edmonton be a better team if Draisaitl just moved to 1C and add a true #1 D and PP QB like Makar to the team?

The three teams that might benefit from Makar over McDavid is Toronto, Edmonton and Colorado IMO.
Edmonton would be a better team if they kept McDavid and traded Draisaitl for their true #1D but I do see where you are going.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Which one would you add to your team, contracts are taken into account.

Makar contract is 9M per year and ends after 26-27.

McDavid contract is 12.5M per year and ends after 25-26.
How did this poll workout for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad