Makar vs Jokiharju

Cale Makar vs Henri Jokiharju

• Total voters

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
You can’t blame Hawks fans for voting for Jokiharju. We were expecting a mess on the defensive end, and for Henri to be sent back down. He instead made the team and has been really impressive for 19 years old. We watch the games and see the potential, so I don’t think it’s some sin to vote for him.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
You're going to use Makar being in a brand new league on a brand new team in a season that's already over as a basis for right now? Impressive. Look what he's doing THIS year. Nobody is saying Jokiharju is bad. They're saying Makar has higher potential. There's nothing false there.

Makar is developing nicely. He isn't in a position where he has to be on the Avs this season. I'm glad Chicago found a nice little gem that isn't over his head in an incredibly small sample size. I'll still take the dynamic ability Makar has.

So you agree with the previous poster i quoted? Makar AINEC? They are only comparable because Jokiharju plays in NHL? Jokiharju had really good season last year. He was one of the top D’s in WHL. Still not comparable season with Makar last year? What was wrong in my post where i questioned his views about Makar being totally different level and on them not being comparable when before this season.

Here is quoted post i answered:

The only reason this is even a comparison is because Jokiharju is in the NHL putting up good production and Makar is still developing. However, I'm not going to change my opinion on the two based on 10 NHL games from Henri. Makar AINEC.

Here is my answer:

Cale Makar didn’t have impressive season last year? He wasn’t even top D in scoring on his team? Jokiharju had over 2x more production than next D on his team. In your opinion they were not even in comparison last year? He is 7-8 months younger and already plays in leading role for his club? and your saying ainec?

Then i found this and you only seem to be overly sensitive Avs fan... I didn’t claim Makar having bad season last year but he sure wasn’t destroying Jokiharju and to me they were comparable. When other poster claimed them being even only because Jokiharju plays in NHL.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/girard-v-ekholm.2558835/

Then you are downplaying Jokiharju on another post:

Playing top pair for Chicago isn't all that impressive because of how bad Chicago is without Crawford.

I understand why many would pick Makar over Jokiharju but give him credit for what he is doing. Playing in top pairing in every situation. Being one of the best D’s in many games in his rookie year being barely 19 year old. This argument was really poor and only attempt was to downplay other player to make your boy look good. This is sign of extreme insecurity. But in the end you picked Girard over Ekholm in other poll...

I think Makar is having incredible year and can’t wait to see him in NHL and match up against other young talents we have in the league. I also think clear majority Avs posters are classy posters with great views and points.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Way too early to tell IMO. No guarantee these two will even be the best either. Still have some potential gems in Valimaki, Liljegren, and Brannstrom. Heiskanen too obviously.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Hawks fan (and a Finn) voting Makar. Yogikarhu doesn't impress me. He's too weak without the puck. I'm a little nervous whenever he's on the ice.

I also never liked Leddy for similar reasons.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Jokiharju, easily. I've considered Makar to be overrated since before the draft. And clearly, if he's winning this poll, this remains to be the case.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Makar isn't dropping out of the top 5 in a re-draft. The only player I can see having an argument in hopping him in a re-draft is Pettersson. I can also see them both moving up and Patrick falling back. Jokiharju, though he's improved on his draft stock immensely, still doesn't make the top 5.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Hawks fan (and a Finn) voting Makar. Yogikarhu doesn't impress me. He's too weak without the puck. I'm a little nervous whenever he's on the ice.

I also never liked Leddy for similar reasons.
I get the feeling you’re a huge fan of Brandon Manning.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad