Makar vs Jokiharju

Cale Makar vs Henri Jokiharju

• Total voters

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Neither without seeing them both play some reasonable amount of time in the NHL.....

We are comparing young kids without any pro experience at prospects forum. These forums are made for creating discussion and debate not for talking about flowers or only about already established players. If you can’t form opinion about these two players without see them both playing in NHL for decent amount of time then you don’t have to.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
We are comparing young kids without any pro experience at prospects forum. These forums are made for creating discussion and debate not for talking about flowers or only about already established players. If you can’t form opinion about these two players without see them both playing in NHL for decent amount of time then you don’t have to.
Sorry old boy, didn't mean to piss in your wheaties!

Hope the poll goes well from here in!

Last edited:
Reactions: stl76 and thomast

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I'll take Makar and that sky is the ceiling potential he has.

Playing top pair for Chicago isn't all that impressive because of how bad Chicago is without Crawford.

Using the "he is in the NHL now and is playing because of a lack of options on a bad defense" argument is flawed.

Jokiharju is fine and all but he doesn't have the talent or skillset that Makar does in the long run.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’d hedge towards Makar’s dynamic abilities but I would not begrudge anybody for taking the Jokiharju at this point. The kid has adapted to the NHL beautifully and in a NHL draft class that is looking loaded with blueline talent in retrospect - he’s starting to feel to me like the one guy outside the very top who just has the all-around game to be a rock of a top pairing defender and when he’s leading the post-Keith Hawks blueline on both sides of the ice and soaking up 25 minutes per game we are all going to be thinking “the Hawks got this guy at the back end of the first round???”.

Reactions: 1OApick

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'll take Makar and that sky is the ceiling potential he has.

Playing top pair for Chicago isn't all that impressive because of how bad Chicago is without Crawford.

Using the "he is in the NHL now and is playing because of a lack of options on a bad defense" argument is flawed.

Jokiharju is fine and all but he doesn't have the talent or skillset that Makar does in the long run.
That would work if that was the only reason he was in the NHL. He is in the NHL because he belongs here, and is doing a great job on the top pair with Keith, and basically helped Keith shutdown McDavid last night.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Jokiharju now (seeing as how he's in the NHL and doing a damn good job of it), Makar future (has a little bit higher upside). Seeing as how I'm a Hawks fan, I'm giving the edge to Joki.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
People will take Makar just because he was a top 5 pick, but looking at the stats I have no problem Jokiharju

Because they have such comparable stats lol. People are taking Makar because he is an elite talent, which was also why he was picked 4th overall. They do correlate you know.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Makar. Been a huge fan of Jokiharju since before the draft but this one isn’t close for me.

Reactions: cgf

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
The only reason this is even a comparison is because Jokiharju is in the NHL putting up good production and Makar is still developing. However, I'm not going to change my opinion on the two based on 10 NHL games from Henri. Makar AINEC.

Cale Makar didn’t have impressive season last year? He wasn’t even top D in scoring on his team? Jokiharju had over 2x more production than next D on his team. In your opinion they were not even in comparison last year? He is 7-8 months younger and already plays in leading role for his club? and your saying ainec?

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
surprised the poll result is this lopsided

don't mind makar winning but thought it would be really close, voted jokiharju

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Cale Makar didn’t have impressive season last year? He wasn’t even top D in scoring on his team? Jokiharju had over 2x more production than next D on his team. In your opinion they were not even in comparison last year? He is 7-8 months younger and already plays in leading role for his club? and your saying ainec?

You're going to use Makar being in a brand new league on a brand new team in a season that's already over as a basis for right now? Impressive. Look what he's doing THIS year. Nobody is saying Jokiharju is bad. They're saying Makar has higher potential. There's nothing false there.

Makar is developing nicely. He isn't in a position where he has to be on the Avs this season. I'm glad Chicago found a nice little gem that isn't over his head in an incredibly small sample size. I'll still take the dynamic ability Makar has.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Homer vote for Joker.
The kid looks really good already at 19 yrs old.
Excited about his future.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad