Makar vs Heiskanen

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Are you saying Niedermayer is better than Leetch?

Something tells me you have no idea how Makar plays the game. And FYI, development isn't linear.

Also, Heiskanen was 4th in PK TOI per game among Stars defenseman. Let's not pretend he was a major lynchpin in their PK. You guys have a great player on your hands, he is doing wonderful and should for many years, but that doesn't mean Makar can't be better long term.

4th TOI PK for 19 year old defenseman my dude. Makar will be 0 minutes a season later.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sure, it's not that he is killing them in NCAA. Care to share the Eurojackpot winning numbers while you're behind your crystal ball?

Wow a 1998 born player is killing PK in the NCAA.. lets give this dude an award.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well he is getting that for be a dominant offensive defenseman.
No, he's getting it for being dominant all over the ice.

Quinn Hughes may have an even higher offensive ceiling, but Makar blew him away for the Baker this season because he has been dominant both with the puck & against it.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Quinn Hughes may have an even higher offensive ceiling, but Makar blew him away for the Baker this season because he has been dominant both with the puck & against it.

Okay, I look forward to him dominating all over the ice in the NHL next year, PP, PK, etc. and playing 23 mins a night.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

From what I've seen, he makes tons of mistakes defensively but is able to patch them up with his superior skating.

If that doesn't work in NHL anymore, he'll just make tons of mistakes, right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Okay, I look forward to him dominating all over the ice in the NHL next year, PP, PK, etc. and playing 23 mins a night.

Nah, let's go full strawman & say that he'll win the Norris right out of the gates! :rolleyes:
From what I've seen, he makes tons of mistakes defensively but is able to patch them up with his superior skating.

If that doesn't work in NHL anymore, he'll just make tons of mistakes, right?

That's not what any of us have seen...so sure, whatever floats your boat.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
MrHeiskanen sure is taking this poll seriously LOL

How dare anyone vote for Makar!

I mean, the dude is older and has been playing in a sub-standard league compared to Heiskanen for 3 seasons in a row. It's just obvious to me who is better and playing in the better leagues.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I mean, the dude is older and has been playing in a sub-standard league compared to Heiskanen for 3 seasons in a row. It's just obvious to me who is better and playing in the better leagues.
Development is not linear and never has been. The age/league argument doesn't fly, especially when both are from the same draft and Makar is clearly the best player in the NCAA.

Heiskanen can certainly be the better player, but its still very much open for debate.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

But he’s dominating that substandard league.

Yes, the smart money would be on Heiskanen at this point, but if you aren’t giving a Makar a shot, then you’re not giving him enough respect. Smart hockey people are expecting Makar to be an elite #1D in the NHL.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
But he’s dominating that substandard league.

Yes, the smart money would be on Heiskanen at this point, but if you aren’t giving a Makar a shot, then you’re not giving him enough respect. Smart hockey people are expecting Makar to be an elite #1D in the NHL.

I believe Makar will have a big impact in the NHL, but his overall game just isnt there compared to Heiskanen. The dude will put up the points and have some sick highlight reels to go with it. But for a 200 foot and overall game/impact on the team its Heiskanen.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Realistically you have to vote for the guy who's showing results at the NHL level now.

That said, it's funny how many people are coming into the thread spewing the idea that Makar is basically some glorified 4th forward who doesn't play defense. The kid is the real deal in every zone, and absolutely has the potential to be an elite 200ft defenseman in this league.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad