Prospect Info: Makar vs Byram

Byram vs Makar

• Total voters

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I’m super pumped about Byram and think it was an excellent pick despite wanting Turcotte predraft. I think we made the right call.

I take Makar here. I think Makar could be a top 3 dman in the NHL for years to come. IMO: better shot, better speed and explosiveness, Makar is also physical and good defensively.

Personally see Makar as having no weaknesses right now other than lack of experience. We’ll see with Byram.

Just so excited. What a draft.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Byram - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Zadorov - Helleson
(Graves, Meloche)

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's easy to pick Makar because what he did during last season, but Byram is two years younger and had a spectacular year in the CHL. Still going to pick Makar because it's very easy to see him being a 50+ point player in the NHL with good enough defense to be a star.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Starting to sound like a Ryan Murray sort of pick
Hockey IQ is the only thing I can see that connects those two Byram is a better skater and far more physical player with a bigger 1T for sure..... Also Ryan Murray's knee exploded before we ever got to see what he could have been

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
I'm pretty confident that Byram will end up being the complementary player on that pairing, but I think the lack of overlap in their playing styles will make for a very effective top pairing for years to come, similar to Jones and Werenski in Columbus.
But Byram actually compares more favorably to jones.... And Jones is the 1d there

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Makar set the bar high with his playoff performance and he's only getting started. Hard to imagine that BB will be any better at this point.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Discussion between out top pairing D-men in the next five years.

Makar: Hey B, ya wanna be the 1D tonight?

Byram: Aw dude! Really, Again? I thought you got it covered this week?

Makar: Yeah, I planned on it but I was reading the Avs HoF Boards' thread on us. Those yo-yos are at it again. Talking smack about my supposedly limitless (Cale makes a muffled but almost weary laugh like 'we have to deal with this **** again') ability again! Counting our play time instead of who are match ups are.

Byram: Joe never told me having to deal with this idiocy was part of the deal when they drafted me.

Makar: Yeah, like one of us is supposedly top dawg. When the truth is, either of us can be the 1d when the need arises.

Byram: You said it brother!

Me: Compared to anything we've seen in the last 15 or so years, I'd say we got two capable !D..

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Makar seems to be special. Don't believe Byram will be as good, but he was impressive this season. Glad the AVs don't have to decide.

Who is better?

Have Both.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->