Makar/Toews/Girard or Yosi/Ellis/Ekholm or Slavin/Hamilton/Pesces?

Rank them from best to worst.

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yoshi_%28Nintendo_character%29.png

blue-runners--947498612-5c634cd3c9e77c0001566e32.jpg

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tough one, a huge fan of Slavin but I guess Toews game this year wins it for Avs.

Avs 1a
Carolina 1b
Nashville 3

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is tough as hell. The Colorado guys had the best 2021 but are the least proven. Nashville's guys have been on an impressive level for years but there are questions about decline. Carolina may be the happy medium here. Girard is the guy out of all of these dmen that I'm least confident in, he's the weak link to me, but Makar/Toews competes with *anyones* top 2. Honestly I may like Carolina the best here, when those three are at their best the Canes are insane. I'm still pretty damn confident in Ryan Ellis though tbh.

I'll say CAR > NSH > COL but I could probably be convinced of any order here, if I cared more about recency COL could easily be #1 and if I cared more about consistent performance over the last 4-5 years NSH could easily be #1.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
This is tough as hell. The Colorado guys had the best 2021 but are the least proven. Nashville's guys have been on an impressive level for years but there are questions about decline. Carolina may be the happy medium here. Girard is the guy out of all of these dmen that I'm least confident in, he's the weak link to me, but Makar/Toews competes with *anyones* top 2. Honestly I may like Carolina the best here, when those three are at their best the Canes are insane. I'm still pretty damn confident in Ryan Ellis though tbh.

I'll say CAR > NSH > COL but I could probably be convinced of any order here, if I cared more about recency COL could easily be #1 and if I cared more about consistent performance over the last 4-5 years NSH could easily be #1.

:laugh:

Amazing take there

Reactions: 95snipes

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
:laugh:

Amazing take there
he's only had one season playing like a #1 guy (this year) everyone else here has done that for at least like 3 separate years besides makar (who was insane in 2021) and toews (who's got 2 such years and was better than girard this year)

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
he's only had one season playing like a #1 guy (this year) everyone else here has done that for at least like 3 separate years besides makar (who was insane in 2021) and toews (who's got 2 such years and was better than girard this year)

Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.
girard was one of the most overrated dmen in the league before 2021, he's now actually playing at the level avs fans have claimed he is for years (and thats part of why the avs put it all together this year, acquiring an amazing dman like Devon Toews doesnt hurt either)

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
girard was one of the most overrated dmen in the league before 2021, he's now actually playing at the level avs fans have claimed he is for years (and thats part of why the avs put it all together this year)
Sure, I guess you saying so makes it the ultimate truth. A wolf can change his username but his character remains. Big fan of your hot take factory.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Sure, I guess you saying so makes it the ultimate truth. A wolf can change his username but his character remains. Big fan of your hot take factory.
i mean until you provide evidence or a reason why i'm wrong i'm just gonna assume you don't know what you're talking about, girard's even strength play finally took the jump it needed to in 2021 (though i will say his penalty impacts, drawing a ton while staying out of the box, have been elite for multiple years running now)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad