Majority of NHLPA player reps authorize probe into Saskin's hiring

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i have a feeling this won't end until the "opposing" players questions are answered in court.

it may be an "independent" investigation, but it certainly isn't being funded independently. the nhlpa is paying for it. cynics will have a field day with anything this investigation produces.

this won't end until chelios, roloson, klatt et all, or the courts, say it's over.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
I wonder if the league office is hoping this lingers (or at least the hard feelings) until the next CBA.

although they have already busted the union, i'm sure they must still be enjoying it. i would be. the will of the union was broken, so the next round of negotiations probably isn't a concern.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
tsn is now reporting that this investigation is an agreement between chelios and saskin for chelios to drop any further court suits.

Zombie Jesus

Nov 19, 2005
i have a feeling this won't end until the "opposing" players questions are answered in court.

it may be an "independent" investigation, but it certainly isn't being funded independently. the nhlpa is paying for it. cynics will have a field day with anything this investigation produces.

this won't end until chelios, roloson, klatt et all, or the courts, say it's over.

Certain members of the NHLPA are not happy with how things have been done. This is an internal NHLPA matter, ergo the NHLPA should pay for it. The dissidents shouldn't pay for, since the person doing the investigation would then be in a conflict of interest. Likewise Saskin shouldn't be paying for it and he isn't, the NHLPA and it's membership is.

The NHLPA (Saskin etal) want an independent 3rd party to investigate.

Chelios, Klatt, Roloson etal want their lawyer to run the investigation.

Which one of these sides seems interested in a true investigation into the matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad