Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
See and you guys were all like "if only we had a goalie we'd win". This team has deep problems. They are totally out classed by good teams.

They're like a junior team the way they play so chaotic.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Good for Bachman. I'm happy with this result to be honest. The other point would've been nice but I expected LA to talk all over the Oil. Bachman battled hard to get the extra point and should be rewarded with another few starts.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
See and you guys were all like "if only we had a goalie we'd win". This team has deep problems. They are totally out classed by good teams.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Had Bachman been playing we're looking at 3 points on this trip instead of 1.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Everyone was really physical. Lots of great hits. We've seen that before, but maybe this will be the first time they keep it up.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Second time all season they've been "out classed."

But the argument isn't that they'd be a good team with a goalie, just that they'd have won a few more games. Which is obvious.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Quick with 17 saves gets first star over Bachman, that seems about right...

So we got tending but forgot about scoring goals. But I'll take one point in LA. Hopefully Bachman can keep this up for a few games, likely won't last the whole season but just give me a stretch of games with good goaltending and I'd be happy.

EDM was playing decent through two periods. Not many chances, but they were keeping the Kings in check. Of course, the third was a different story, but still. They got a point.

BTW, Justin Schultz, man, what was he doing in the OT? He stops up, goes back towards his net so his team can change and what does he do? He throws it into the cluster of players trying to change. The hell didn't he just hold onto the damn puck for an extra few seconds so the players could actually complete the change? Frustrating as hell because I think the only reason the refs called it was because he threw it into the group of players. lol

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
As easy as it would be to jump all over the team for this loss, I'm interested to see how the team plays when they can put together a complete game (good goaltending, good scoring, good effort).

Lets not all jump off a cliff because Edmonton (a playoff MAYBE) got outplayed by a perennial Cup contender.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
The Oilers a terrible team to gamble on. Who knows what shows up.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
PK was 100%...if anything it's the PP that was disappointing

If we keep using the diamond we're never going to get back into respectability.

The PP wasn't far behind a squiggly line either. Bachman had me on a roll. :laugh:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Second time all season they've been "out classed."

But the argument isn't that they'd be a good team with a goalie, just that they'd have won a few more games. Which is obvious.

And if they had gotten some goaltending, they'd have some more wins and who knows, right? Confidence is a big thing. I'm not saying they're a better team either and they do lack depth, but when players are rolling, hard work can really overcome a lot.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
ok road game against a tough team and Bachkman steals us a point. This is what teams with good goalies do....

Nice. He starts vs the leafs.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Well the good news is Bachman played well. Hopefully he can keep it up. (I'm pretty sure that's the first game we've kept opposition to 1 GA). Played decently physical against a very gritty team. So that's a win.

Sad news is we got 1 point instead of 2. From what I watched, I didn't think we played well.

Still 1 point is better than nothing with this bunch.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nitpicking here but I think Eakins should've gone with Hemsky in the shootout instead of RNH.

Not sure what Perron was thinking on his shot.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Glad to see bachman had a game for you guys. Got to see him play his 1st pro game and got to know him while he was playing here in the ECHL, so I have been following his career.... Very good goalie who's only downfall is he is a bit small (for today's standards).. Thought he had a pretty good run with Dallas but was somewhat the odd man out behind Letty/Campbell...Hope he does well for you guys

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well the good news is Bachman played well. Hopefully he can keep it up. (I'm pretty sure that's the first game we've kept opposition to 1 GA). Played decently physical against a very gritty team. So that's a win.

Sad news is we got 1 point instead of 2. From what I watched, I didn't think we played well.

Still 1 point is better than nothing with this bunch of losers.

We kept Ottawa to one as well.

After seeing our goalies give points away, I'm not going to sit here and moan that we only got one tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->