Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Quick with 17 saves gets first star over Bachman, that seems about right...

So we got tending but forgot about scoring goals. But I'll take one point in LA. Hopefully Bachman can keep this up for a few games, likely won't last the whole season but just give me a stretch of games with good goaltending and I'd be happy.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So completely dominated again. Got a point but yup...this team is in trouble. Bachman was fantastic.

well goaltending had been directly responsible for us losing about 8 points coming into this game... this is one where goaltending got us a point that we had no right getting.... so for the the season, we are about -7 due to goaltending

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
im thinking oilers management trades bachman for help on the bach end because he has value now

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Sucks to lose but big props to Bachman. Loved Gordons game as well, he's come as advertised.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Looks like we got a new starting goaltender :)

Not even mad about the loss. The Oilers did not deserve a point IMO but Bachman stole one for us.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Bachman earns a shot at the back up gig over lolbarbera, though he's not our saving grace.

Nuge misses the net an awful lot on shoot out attempts.

Pumped to see the team stand up and take on clifford throughout the game, even if they didn't get to him right after the hit. Slight bonding experience if we're super duper lucky.

And holy **** we did not deserve that one point.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Worst game of the year... but at least they finally got a game of goaltending?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Well, on the plus side, at least we know that great goaltending won't win us games. . . wait, that's not a plus! . . .FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuu

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Bachman - outstanding; deserves a start next game.

Thumbs up to Jones for fighting Clifford.

Got to love SportsNet's 3 stars. Oilers get 2 of the 3 in a game that we lost and were outshot by literally 30 shots. I mean, I know it's a home broadcast, but at least try to watch the game with no bias.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Of all of the Oilers many points this season, this one is the least deserved.
Yet I am giddy they got one.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
This team has no middle ground

Horrid goaltending, or amazing goaltending

A ton of chances and like five goals, or twelve shots and one goal

Never solid goaltending and offence

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Quick 1st star!? lol it's crazayyyyyyy !!! i've always said the people running the show are on some wild dope

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
positives of the game....
dick bachman 100%
Petry laying someone out. if petry gets a full time nasty side then he will be so much better
gordon is just awesome, the camera pans to him wincing in everygame, complete team player, if we ever make the playoffs he will be huge

also we really miss gagner in the shootout,

Chooch

Nov 4, 2006
Edmonton
Just when the Oilers completely no show, amazing goaltending magically appears. We're being trolled by the hockey gods.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What a shamefully bad team. Sorry Bachman.

Buncha gutless losers. I bet that Ference is a buyout candidate within a couple of years. I have rarely seen such a positionally poor player and I have watched many bad defensemen put on the Oiler uniform. Little physicality as well and none of this standing up for teammates that he is supposedly well known for. He got his retirement contract so he should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad