Major Junior vs. College

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No matter how the the NCAA may ever try with its Frozen Four Tourney, nothing the NCAA can ever do will match the fervour of the Memorial Cup in Canada. Period. Same with the World Junior Tourney every December. Both are CHL events and nothing the NCAA could ever generate could match the community spirit one sees in Canadian communities for those tournaments. That kind of spirit is not bought or sold and as long as there is ice in Canada those will be sacred festivals to the Canadian nation.

:rolleyes:

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Go ahead and turn green in the face, when Americans can begin to match playoff fever that Canadians experience during late hockey season I too become a believer in the NCAA. Me and 30 million other Canadians. My only suggestion is that you show up in a Canadian community during playoff fever when the local team is going to the Royal Bank Cup, Memorial Cup or Stanley Cup. Priceless.

Rochester22

Oct 22, 2006
Webster, NY
There was a discussion on the Cornell forum that Tony Romano should forgo his remaining 3 years at Cornell and join Q or O next year, or even the W.

They feel like his style fits those leagues better, which IMO it does, but by him going to those leagues, it wont help his only weakness which is defense, and decision making. Staying in college would be best for him IMO

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Go ahead and turn green in the face, when Americans can begin to match playoff fever that Canadians experience during late hockey season I too become a believer in the NCAA. Me and 30 million other Canadians. My only suggestion is that you show up in a Canadian community during playoff fever when the local team is going to the Royal Bank Cup, Memorial Cup or Stanley Cup. Priceless.

Inferiority complex?:eek:

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
No matter how the the NCAA may ever try with its Frozen Four Tourney, nothing the NCAA can ever do will match the fervour of the Memorial Cup in Canada. Period. Same with the World Junior Tourney every December. Both are CHL events and nothing the NCAA could ever generate could match the community spirit one sees in Canadian communities for those tournaments. That kind of spirit is not bought or sold and as long as there is ice in Canada those will be sacred festivals to the Canadian nation.

Although I'd say I'm an NCAA fan...I appreciate the general spirit behind this. Most of the US just doesn't have the rich hockey culture of Canada. I grew up in Minnesota and lived in Boston for a couple years. And although there is quite a bit of tradition for the Bruins...hockey is just not as immersive in Boston as it is in Minnesota or likely most Canadian cities.

So the fervor you speak of comes from Canada's strong hockey culture...and IMO not from the CHL itself.

tisting9

Feb 16, 2007
Looks to me it is a toss up, but the March 12th edition of the hockey news will clear things up. They are going to have a whole article on this and have ex-NHLers advice.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Looks to me it is a toss up, but the March 12th edition of the hockey news will clear things up. They are going to have a whole article on this and have ex-NHLers advice.

This will never be cleared up, it will always be up for debate - one article isn't going to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad