Proposal: Main Pieces: Chris Kreider for Christian Dvorak or Nick Schmaltz

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Not a one-for-one deal, but I'm wondering if this basic framework makes sense. Perhaps reuniting Kreider and Stepan could get them both going. Meanwhile, the Coyotes have pretty decent C depth and the Rangers are *still* in search of a definite answer at 2C so a young C like Schmaltz or Dvorak may make sense.

Plus, Dvorak reminds me of one of my favorite (recent) Rangers in Radek Dvorak and Schmaltz is just fun to say

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Both are 5 years younger and have 5-6 years of term at reasonable-good rates. I don't think Kreider is the centerpiece of any deal that would bring them to New York.

Reactions: MisterT

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Schmatlz is worth certainly more than a 28 year old, non extended Chris Kreider, especially with Schmaltz who has more skill, plays a more important position, cost controlled for longer, and already has career highs that are right on kreiders career highs and Schmaltz isnt even in his prime yet

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Makes as much sense for the Coyotes as Hjalmarsson for Skjei would make for the Rangers.
while still not in our favor, this is actually not as bad of a deal as you make it seem.

We are loaded with LD prospects, and Skjei has definitely not lived up to his contract so far.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kreider for Arizona 1st at the deadline if they are in a playoff position maybe, a young cost controlled top 6 player in return, not a chance

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
This is way more offensive. Skjei is, IMO, the most untouchable piece on the Rangers.

He is probably not even in the top 10.

In no particular order: Kakko, Trouba, Shestyorkin, Kravstov, KA Miller, Zibanejad, Panarin, Fox are our untouchables. With Lias, Chytil and Tony D also being higher on the pecking order, not untouchable per se but off the table unless we'd get a stupid overpayment too good to say no to offer to move them. And I feel like I'm missing someone too.

Skjei has been a big disappointment since getting his contract which was an overpyament to begin with. I'd have no problem trading him for a solid young center with 2nd line upside but I dont even think with his current value he'd be able to return that.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
As for the OP, you're overrating Kreider a bit here if you expect him to land us one of Schmaltz or Dvorak.

I think we need to already start lowering our expectations for the Kreider return. It's going to be a disappointment; they always are.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
What about something around Buchnevich for Dvorak/Schmaltz?
thats a large downgrade no matter how you look at it from the Coyotes perspective without a big add to buchnevich. Buchnevich is still trying to put together a full season of solid production and being a mid 40 pt production type player is not worth the Coyotes time for one of Dvorak or Schmaltz, both who are actually younger than Buchnevich. again, they are also natural centers, Buchnevich isnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad