Classic with Video Magnuson vs Vadnais 1969

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Two guys that were tough and rugged, but lost more of their fights than they won.

Carol Vadnais doesn't get enough praise for how solid of a defender he was. I don't think I have ever watched a clip where he out landed an opponent, but I loved how he wouldn't take any shit from anyone, including the heavyweights of the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyShehan

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
I used to be a big fan of Carol Vadnais. He put up points and he was willing to play a physical game. As for Keith Magnuson, hockey fans I knew - including fans of the Hawks - used to deride him for all the fights he lost. Wish they could see this clip.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I used to be a big fan of Carol Vadnais. He put up points and he was willing to play a physical game. As for Keith Magnuson, hockey fans I knew - including fans of the Hawks - used to deride him for all the fights he lost. Wish they could see this clip.

Sure Keith lost fights but honestly I think the outcome of a fight is a bit overrated. He was relentless in standing up for his teammates. I highly doubt anyone who played with Magnuson ever had anything but the utmost of respect for him. I personally don’t care if he sucked as a fighter the guy never hesitated and never backed down and in my books (for what it’s worth) that’s really impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad