Proposal: Magnus Pääjärvi

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Not sure, think he would be worth pursuing? Highly skilled with good size. Might be a great addition to the KELLY-PEVERLEY line, a PP option and potential top 6 insurance should we lose HORTON as a UFA.

We have a long history of dealing with the Oilers, maybe they consider something along the lines of CARON + for Magnus Pääjärvi?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Their message board fans would expect Seguin for him lol.

If a second rounder gets him I think about it. But I wouldn't pay more for him. He can't contribute much of anything on a poor team. I think Edmonton can trade him for an NHL regular still and likely will pick up some d man for him.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Not sure, think he would be worth pursuing? Highly skilled with good size. Might be a great addition to the KELLY-PEVERLEY line, a PP option and potential top 6 insurance should we lose HORTON as a UFA.

We have a long history of dealing with the Oilers, maybe they consider something along the lines of CARON + for Magnus Pääjärvi?

He's just not good offensively. Very fast and plays a solid all around game but offensively he's missing something, maybe it's hockey sense. Four goals in 38 AHL games this year, I wouldn't want him in the top six or on the powerplay.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
He's just not good offensively. Very fast and plays a solid all around game but offensively he's missing something, maybe it's hockey sense. Four goals in 38 AHL games this year, I wouldn't want him in the top six or on the powerplay.

To me its his play along the wall that is missing. He is a one and one guy he can't win battles. Once he learns how to do that though he will be good.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Good point

To me its his play along the wall that is missing. He is a one and one guy he can't win battles. Once he learns how to do that though he will be good.

I see the same with SEGUIN but he's improving slowly. In order for him to really blossom, a la STAMPKOS, he has to win more physical battles and go into the dirty areas more often.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Count me in for Paajarvi!

Been a big of his since his play for Timra and the Swedish Junior squad. He's got all kinds of skill and I think Claude Julien is the perfect type of coach for him!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
As a general rule, I like anyone named Magnus.

Knight? Caron+? I know some will bristle at the thought of offering Knight, though.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
He has some size and is fast but can't seem to put it together and winds up being one of these roadrunners flying around that doesn't accomplish much of anything. He's probably similar in caliber as Max Sauve come to think of it so I don't see the need to acquire him, Caron is a different player but about that same caliber to.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I see the same with SEGUIN but he's improving slowly. In order for him to really blossom, a la STAMPKOS, he has to win more physical battles and go into the dirty areas more often.

Is he some type of gritty postal worker?

:sarcasm:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
His shot is what sucks. He needs to learn to use his reach and size around the net, which he won't on a pansy team like the Oilers.. I would absolutely trade for him.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
He has some size and is fast but can't seem to put it together and winds up being one of these roadrunners flying around that doesn't accomplish much of anything. He's probably similar in caliber as Max Sauve come to think of it so I don't see the need to acquire him, Caron is a different player but about that same caliber to.
I'd ratherj give Sauve a shot before sending assets to Edmonton for the same player.

As the Bruins continue to audition players to fill the third line Lw role, I wonder if our GM is having second thoughts about letting Pouliot go. Not that Benoit is tearing it up, but I think you could have counted on him for 15 goals and good two way play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad