Magnificent Goodenow

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Good article, I wonder why they didn't mention Goodenows role in brining Eagleson down

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
Excellent Detroit News backgrounder on NHLPA Executive Director Bob Goodenow.

Article

Nobody is denying Goodenow's qualifications but after watching Leafs Lunch today and hearing all the inside stuff on the realtionship between Goodenow and Dave Frost - Mike Danton's agent that he wanted killed, I have to wonder why bicycle repairman always supports this guy. Is it possible that he is really Bob himself or perhaps even his buddy Dave Frost. How could Bob allow his son to be coached by this idiot Dave Frost. He sounds like another abusive controlling type egomaniac type coach and for Goodenow to allow his son to play for him for several years explains alot about Bob and why the NHLPA are being so misguided IMO. I would really like to know how/why Bob Goodenow agreed to license this guy Dave Frost as an NHLPA player representative unless he actually had the goods or the pictures on Bob.? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :shakehead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Knob Goodenow will go down in Hockey History, as possibly the biggest most arrogant jerk ever associated with the league which was once known as the NHL. :mad:

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
BLONG7 said:
Knob Goodenow will go down in Hockey History, as possibly the biggest most arrogant jerk ever associated with the league which was once known as the NHL. :mad:

Have you ever read anything on Alan Eagleson or Bill Wirtz???? If not read Russ Conways articles on the demise of Eagleson, now that is the poster child for arrogance. It will explain why the players will never betray him. Oh just a little tidbit, the secrataries who testified against Eagleson went into witness protection.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
eye said:
Nobody is denying Goodenow's qualifications but after watching Leafs Lunch today and hearing all the inside stuff on the realtionship between Goodenow and Dave Frost - Mike Danton's agent that he wanted killed, I have to wonder why bicycle repairman always supports this guy. Is it possible that he is really Bob himself or perhaps even his buddy Dave Frost. How could Bob allow his son to be coached by this idiot Dave Frost. He sounds like another abusive controlling type egomaniac type coach and for Goodenow to allow his son to play for him for several years explains alot about Bob and why the NHLPA are being so misguided IMO. I would really like to know how/why Bob Goodenow agreed to license this guy Dave Frost as an NHLPA player representative unless he actually had the goods or the pictures on Bob.? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :shakehead
David Frost is still an accredited NHLPA agent because there's nothing to suggest he has acted illegally. Should it proven otherwise in the future, Bob Goodenow will certainly not stand in the way of NHLPA discipline.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Bicycle Repairman said:
David Frost is still an accredited NHLPA agent because there's nothing to suggest he has acted illegally. Should it proven otherwise in the future, Bob Goodenow will certainly not stand in the way of NHLPA discipline.

Gee, I'm convinced... Let's never use common sense when assessing a coaches behaviour when choosing a roll model for kids. Even a modicum of thought would indicate that David Frost has some serious issues dealing with kids and adults. Allowing him the privilage of continuing in a position of authority does little to help the man himself, to say nothing of how his behaviour can negatively affect those under his tutelage.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
quat said:
Gee, I'm convinced... Let's never use common sense when assessing a coaches behaviour when choosing a roll model for kids. Even a modicum of thought would indicate that David Frost has some serious issues dealing with kids and adults. Allowing him the privilage of continuing in a position of authority does little to help the man himself, to say nothing of how his behaviour can negatively affect those under his tutelage.

The only control Bob Goodenow has over Frost is as a player agent. Any complaints about coaching have to be investigated by Hockey Canada or the local hockey league.

What all the evil of hockey are now Bob Goodenows fault? Get real.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
"Hockey players don't want to get paid a penny more than they're worth, but they don't want to get paid a penny less than they're worth, either,†Goodenow said. “It's like, 'Just don't screw with me.' ...

Heh. Go get 'em Bob.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
"Hockey players don't want to get paid a penny more than they're worth, but they don't want to get paid a penny less than they're worth, either,†Goodenow said. “It's like, 'Just don't screw with me.' ...

Yeah, whatever Bob. That's why players knowingly continue to play with contracts that pay them way more than they're worth. One good year, and look out...

One more example of Goodenow talking himself in circles.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Don't care.... :banghead:

Get a damn deal done!!!

(I know, I know, don't post if you don't care, but I'm so fed up with both sides)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
vanlady said:
The only control Bob Goodenow has over Frost is as a player agent. Any complaints about coaching have to be investigated by Hockey Canada or the local hockey league.

What all the evil of hockey are now Bob Goodenows fault? Get real.

Get real? uh... ok. My comment was directed to Bicycle-boy about the his rather un-critical opinion of Frost ... in prison or otherwise. Bob can do as he likes with his kiddies. It's not uncommon to get judged by the company you keep, but that wasn't the point I was making, though it seems others feel that way. Perhaps you should chill out a bit?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

The above statement has to be the most deviod of any meaning I've read for quite sometime. It pretty much sums up what this debate aspires to be.... empty of any meaning but full of hot air.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
quat said:
Get real? uh... ok. My comment was directed to Bicycle-boy about the his rather un-critical opinion of Frost ... in prison or otherwise. Bob can do as he likes with his kiddies. It's not uncommon to get judged by the company you keep, but that wasn't the point I was making, though it seems others feel that way. Perhaps you should chill out a bit?

I probably share the same opinion of Frost, I wouldn't trust him with my dog let alone my kids, but people seem to think that this entire mess is on Goodenow's shoulders. Sorry if I misread what you meant to say.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Well then, is the Goodenow kid still under the unrelenting evil grasp of David Frost?

Believe it or not, Frost was once a winning coach in minor hockey. Many parents were happy to place their offspring under Frost's tutelage.

MacDaddy TLC*

Bicycle Repairman said:
Well then, is the Goodenow kid still under the unrelenting evil grasp of David Frost?

You tell me. Is it true the kid just changed his last name to Danton?

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Frost keeps getting apendaged to Goodenow, yet how about the Bobby Clarke/Alan Eagleson friendship? That's still ongoing. Eagleson had his own private box during the playoffs.

How about Wayne Gretzky and Bruce McNall? The "Great One" dragged his whole family to the penitentiary to visit him. They still exchange Xmas cards no doubt.

Oh yeah, here's a bunch of terrier-like yip-yip about David Frost. Nip at Bob Goodenow's heels all you like. Doesn't stick to him the least bit.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
Frost keeps getting apendaged to Goodenow, yet how about the Bobby Clarke/Alan Eagleson friendship? That's still ongoing. Eagleson had his own private box during the playoffs.

How about Wayne Gretzky and Bruce McNall? The "Great One" dragged his whole family to the penitentiary to visit him. They still exchange Xmas cards no doubt.

Oh yeah, here's a bunch of terrier-like yip-yip about David Frost. Nip at Bob Goodenow's heels all you like. Doesn't stick to him the least bit.

So what's your connection to Frost and Goodenow if your not one of them? According to everything I have read only a few players stuck by Frost and Goodenow was one of them which speaks volumes about the kind of person Bob really is. I agree with the previous poster and with Bob it's time for players to get only what they deserve and most of us as well as team owners believe it's a cap with an average 1.3 million dollar salary.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Bicycle Repairman said:

The above gets brought up all the time... I've read many articles over the years detailing Gretzky's ongoing relationship with McNall, and Eagleson and his trips to visit Clarke are hardly hidden, and I disagree that Goodenow is pursued in an unreasonable manner over his relationship with Frost. Frost's history is filled with strife and bizarre actions, culminating in one of his closest pupils being imprisoned for 7 years for attempting to have him killed. As you keep pointing out, Goodenow is front and center in a huge conflict, and his pro-Frost opinions are going to draw some attention. AS they should. Regardless of Frost's coaching style winning games, he is clearly a troubled individual and should not be given the huge amounts of influence over kids a coach has. If it was Bettman who supported Frost, my guess you would have a rather different opinion on the matter.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Bicycle Repairman said:

Believe it or not, Frost was once a winning coach in minor hockey. Many parents were happy to place their offspring under Frost's tutelage.

I wonder how the Jefferson's feel about him?

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
quat said:
Regardless of Frost's coaching style winning games, he is clearly a troubled individual and should not be given the huge amounts of influence over kids a coach has.
Was he not removed from coaching kids years ago? Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->