Magazines or Books about European Hockey

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
For so far I know, there are only magazines in the native language. If there's an english magazine somewhere about European hockey, I'm very interested too.

I live in the Netherlands, but everytime I cross the border I'm buying the German Eishockey News magazine, I believe it's a weekly magazine. Countries like Finland, Czech Rep., Sweden etc., which are totally more hockey-minded than Germany, will probably have magazines like that too, but I'm not certain about that.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The only hockey magazine that I know of in Czech republic/Slovakia is ProHockey, which however is actually an NHL magazine. Things that you would find in hockey magazines largely remain within the webosphere here.

More general news is reported in regular newspapers.

The Czech have a year book which is issued by the federation every year covering both national teams and the Czech competitions, I believe.

There are hockey books but they tende to be more in the vein of "80 years of Slovak hockey", biographies of players or short books documenting some kind of achevement of national teams.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
For so far I know, there are only magazines in the native language. If there's an english magazine somewhere about European hockey, I'm very interested too.

I live in the Netherlands, but everytime I cross the border I'm buying the German Eishockey News magazine, I believe it's a weekly magazine. Countries like Finland, Czech Rep., Sweden etc., which are totally more hockey-minded than Germany, will probably have magazines like that too, but I'm not certain about that.

Can confirm that Eishockey News is weekly, and, if you are able to read German, is quite frankly better than anything published in Canada.

It focuses largely on Germany, with articles on every team through all three pro tiers plus the Bayernliga, but also has an article on every major European league each week.

Can't recommend it enough, but unfortunately if you can't get a physical copy, their subscription payments online (to the best of my knowledge atm) require a German bank account.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->