MAF's advice for Jeff Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Marc-Andre Fleury offers up some advice for Jeff Glass...

"Not score on his own net, maybe," Fleury said. "That's the first thing I would recommend."

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
People say he has this huge ego, it's true but he's just so good natured and friendly and capable of admitting mistakes. I haven't seen him not smiling for christ sakes!

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Jacobv2 said:
He's doing very well in the AHL.

I would say he's doing OK...he's not among the top goaltenders...his save percentage and GAA are all right, but not among the league leaders, which for better or worse, is what you expect out of your number 1 overall draft pick who was rookie of the month in the NHL, etc. etc...having said that, I think it's good that he gets a lot of starts in the AHL and he has Chiodo there too to push him, hopefully...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Save percentage is somewhat of a team statistic. I'm definitely not going to have this argument again. Trust me though, I've actually seen two games.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Jacobv2 said:
Save percentage is somewhat of a team statistic. I'm definitely not going to have this argument again. Trust me though, I've actually seen two games.

Hey, I'll take your word for it. I would love to see him do well. If you say his development is going well, then that's great news to me. But I would certainly love to see him have better stats too...but being in Canada, that's all I can really say cause I haven't seen him play. If you think he's bouncing back very well from the WJC's and playoffs last year, I'm glad to hear it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I've listened to about all of Wilkes Barre's games. Fleury's stats are so-so, but he is playing very well. He had a rough start in some games, got pulled in one, which contrubutes a little bit to his so-so numbers.

But trust me, he's playing well. Ever since becoming the full blown starter (WBS kind of had a go with who wins stance early in the year, which also probably contributes to the number), he's not giving up more than 2 or 3 goals a game, and comes up with the big saves when it's needed from him. To me, that is more important than what the numbers say.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
MrKnowNothing said:
I've listened to about all of Wilkes Barre's games. Fleury's stats are so-so, but he is playing very well. He had a rough start in some games, got pulled in one, which contrubutes a little bit to his so-so numbers.

But trust me, he's playing well. Ever since becoming the full blown starter (WBS kind of had a go with who wins stance early in the year, which also probably contributes to the number), he's not giving up more than 2 or 3 goals a game, and comes up with the big saves when it's needed from him. To me, that is more important than what the numbers say.

I'm glad to hear it. There's a bigger spotlight now on goalies who are taken high in the draft since it never used to happen...but I agree that it seems he's got a great attitude and is very grounded so hopefully he'll keep on developing...I love seeing Quebec goaltenders do well...

As for his "ego" I think it's been established that in order to play goal at an elite level, you have to be cocky to a certain degree...but he's never shown any overt arrogance in any of the interviews I've seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad