Rumor: MAF back to Pittsburgh?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Seeing headlines that Flower might want to return to Penguins.

Matt Murray may be on the way out. But the big issue is $$$ (cap). I just can't see Pittsburgh wanting Flower back at full salary.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I can't see Fleury wanting to be a backup behind Jarry. If we could trade him so the Penguins take 4.9 or 4.2 of it that would be fine for us but I'm not sure they want that. Jarry will start why do they need Fleury to make a goalie controversy for themselves?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Paywall. No trade request. No plan to relocate.

I knew this would be here when I got here! You're quick!

I can't see this as more than PR spin. I almost think Walsh could have gotten last edit on it lol. Fleury knows he could go and wants to craft a better image than the tweet, bad press conference and sulking on the bench.

He also helps restore his good guy, team first image when it took some beating this postseason.

The fact that Granger, a guy who has given him very favorable coverage, gets the interview is no coincidence to me. As evidenced by the middle of the article being a breathless recounting of how great and laid back a guy Fleury is before rounding back to the topic of the article.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I knew this would be here when I got here! You're quick!

I can't see this as more than PR spin. I almost think Walsh could have gotten last edit on it lol. Fleury knows he could go and wants to craft a better image than the tweet, bad press conference and sulking on the bench.

He also helps restore his good guy, team first image when it took some beating this postseason.

The fact that Granger, a guy who has given him very favorable coverage, gets the interview is no coincidence to me. As evidenced by the middle of the article being a breathless recounting of how great and laid back a guy Fleury is before rounding back to the topic of the article.

This is literally all it is. Fleury even says in the article he doesn't want to be a backup. Well guess what happens if/when Lehner signs? MAF knows he's a goner, but he doesn't want it to look like he had anything to do with it. Make Deboer and the front office look like bad guys in the scenario.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This is literally all it is. Fleury even says in the article he doesn't want to be a backup. Well guess what happens if/when Lehner signs? MAF knows he's a goner, but he doesn't want it to look like he had anything to do with it. Make Deboer and the front office look like bad guys in the scenario.

Or leaves open the door for Lehner not to sign in the end. Doesn't seem a likely scenario based on what we have heard but the fact that they didn't sign and announce the contract shortly after the series ended makes me think nothing is 100% certain yet.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Isn't making anything public right now in his own self interest only and kind of a douche move from a team player perspective?

It doesn't seem like the team would enjoy this. It doesn't seem like something you do if your current feelings between team and player were good.

Reactions: Vegas07

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Isn't making anything public right now in his own self interest only and kind of a douche move from a team player perspective?

It doesn't seem like the team would enjoy this. It doesn't seem like something you do if your current feelings between team and player were good.

I think so. But from perusing the responses from Knights fans, people are gullible enough that they are eating this up.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think so. But from perusing the responses from Knights fans, people are gullible enough that they are eating this up.

The comments to the Athletic article itself are beyond embarrassing. It's really like some of these people have never followed a pro sports team before. All they're concerned about is keeping the "Misfits' together as long as possible. Almost like kids rooting for their friends to get more playing time for their High School football team.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The comments to the Athletic article itself are beyond embarrassing. It's really like some of these people have never followed a pro sports team before. All they're concerned about is keeping the "Misfits' together as long as possible. Almost like kids rooting for their friends to get more playing time for their High School football team.

They also may be newbie (VGK) fans and have hardly experienced many off seasons and haven't seen the variables that can happen. (I refuse to have a "favorite" player as they seem to get traded. :D)

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
100% agreement

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Marc-Andre Fleury’s future with Golden Knights remains unclear

“We have a ton of respect for Marc-Andre Fleury,” McCrimmon said. “We will try to make good decisions here as we move along, but at the same time, if you don’t make the hard decisions sometimes, you’re not doing your job as well as you should be. What’s easiest isn’t always what is right. That’s just an unfortunate part of being a manager of a professional sports team.”

Nothing clear on MAF's future.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Wild take him if you all are willing to part ways with some significant draft capital or Krebs or Glass.

You want the final cup piece, you get to pay. I pray no GM makes this easy for the team that bent the entire NHL over a barrel a couple years ago and were handed a Stanley Cup contender.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wild take him if you all are willing to part ways with some significant draft capital or Krebs or Glass.

You want the final cup piece, you get to pay. I pray no GM makes this easy for the team that bent the entire NHL over a barrel a couple years ago and were handed a Stanley Cup contender.

Yeah right. They'll buy him out before they give up those kinds of assets.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Might have to give up first to trade 1/2 of MAF's salary to facilitate trade. Might have to move Marchessault, Schmidt or Stastny instead.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

upload_2020-10-7_3-23-9.jpeg

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Would Vegas be willing to part with Roy in a trade to move Fleury? From a pens stand point we need a big third or fourth line center and Roy look great while being signed cheap.

Thoughts on Fleury at 4mil and Roy for a similar player on wing like Zach Aston Reese?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They just need to go ahead and buy him out. Deadline to do that is Thursday.

I worry that they will just be stuck with him and we will have 12 million tied to goaltending next season. :(

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
They just need to go ahead and buy him out. Deadline to do that is Thursday.

I worry that they will just be stuck with him and we will have 12 million tied to goaltending next season. :(

There's a second buy-out window later in the offseason. Better off to wait things out, see if a trade materializes and then only buy him out as a last resort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad